cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Metadata EDISDEF for port SAPPF5, IDoc type ZIDOC_PARTNER_NOM and CIM type

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

I simply migrated a scenario for an XI 3.0 server to the new PI 7.0 server it will run on. When I do the IDX2 to pull in the metadata I get

"Segment Version could not be read", but it still shows the metadata.

then when I run the IDOC I get the above error in the subject line. Everything is the exact same in the two XI systems but one works and one does not. Please give direction!

Chris

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Could you verify connection in port configuration. Transaction IDX1. Maybe RFC destination which you used is wrong.

You can also use this report in PI:

IDX_CHECK_METADATA - check IDOC adapter metadata inside XI against source systems

/wg

Edited by: Wojciech Gasiorowski on Feb 27, 2008 8:34 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

I get :000 when I run the check program. What the heck does that mean? Also the port config is fine.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I'm not sure about this return code but this program is checking if the metadata are the same in IDOC cahce and in R3 system. I remember that once we had a problem with IDX2 and we had to go for this report in order to delete metadata for a port. Could delete metadata with it:

IDX_RESET_METADATA - reset IDOC adapter metadata inside XI

/wg

Former Member
0 Kudos

The return code in the program is sy-subrc = 1 which says no_doctyp.

It seems to have a problem pulling data from the server when it does not have the same problem for other systems with the same IDOC. Is there authority requirement in a 46C system to pull its metadata?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes there is one role for reading metadata but now I can't remember it. It was on the sap courses.

/wg

Former Member
0 Kudos

here is what I found on google:

As for the extra permissions required in order to call IDOCTYPE_READ_COMPLETE, the authorization object required is:

Authorisation object S_IDOCDEFT. Fields:

EDI_TCD, value 'WE30'

ACTVT, value - 03

EDI_DOC, value * (or the specific IDOCTYP)

EDI_CIM, value * (or the specific Extension)

/wg

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for the info.