Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How To Approve ? ... in solution manager

ganimede_dignan
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

how can I approve files in download basket of other S-user for my company ? on Solution Manager.

Regards.

Ganimede Dignan.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ganimede,

If you already have your maintenance optimizer setup and ready to use, you should be able to approve through solman (after adding items to the basket). If you have connectivity issue or any other problems connecting solman to SAP (not your system), then open a customer message requesting for download basket approval and SAP will reply back.

Thanks

BMG

ganimede_dignan
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

>If you already have your maintenance optimizer setup and ready to use, you should be able to approve >through solman (after adding items to the basket). If you have connectivity issue or any other problems >connecting solman to SAP (not your system), then open a customer message requesting for download >basket approval and SAP will reply back.

... but on aprove list I see only my added files... and also added files of others S-User.

Regards.

Ganimede Dignan.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ganimede,

I am not sure what you mean by

"... but on aprove list I see only my added files... and also added files of others S-User."

Are you trying approve some one else's basket?

Thanks

BMG

ganimede_dignan
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

thank you for your attention....

I would like to approve the basket of other S-user ... in my organization there are several S-user (each custumizer, each developer, each sysadmin, ecc. has got a S-user of the same custumer number).

Many of our S-user loged in service.sap.com try to download sp, ecc. but they aren't be able to login in solutin manager so ... I would like to approve download basket of other S-user.... not only of my current S-user.

Regards.

Ganimede Dignan.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ganimede,

I am not trying to lecture you or change the your organization is handling the downloads, but ideal way would be have the BASIS / NW Admin team to do the downloads of SP's, Kernel etc. In other words developers, config, business side people shouldn't be dowloading or attempt to download the SP's. Reason is ultimately BASIS people would be applying the SP's and not developer or config. people.

That being said, you can't approve some one else's basket. You can give access to those folks and have them approve their downloads. Any one pn the team can have S-id to login to SAP, open customer messages, research etc but SP download to me is strictly BASIS role.

Thanks

BMG

ganimede_dignan
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

you are right... and it is a goal... but to change I need to do it step by step.

Thank you for attention.

Regards.

Ganimede Dignan.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

[Mode rant on]

What is the purpose of SOLMAN download basket approval ?

Getting on the nerves of customers ?

Complicate a lot the download process ?

Loosing time and money ?

Increasing TCO ?

The same as SOLMAN installation key ? ie, getting SOLMAN mandatory for customers that don't want it ?

A lot of SAP products are great and run fine with great stability and scability but I can't understand this attitude of the vendor making the choices instead of the customer.

I want to decide what is useful for my use of SAP's products !

[Mode rant off]