cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Receiver Mail Adapter

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am trying to work on with a Receiver Mail adapter. My scenario is from File to XI to VariouS suppliers. The File contains PO numbers.

I have a BPM and there is a SWITCH statement if it matches the condition(for each PO number range, we are sending it to different vendors), it may direct to one of the Suppliers, but if the File Content doesn't match any of the above condtion I am trying to send to a Mailing address.

Everything works OK, in the SXMB_MONI I am getting the Black flag but I haven't received any mails in my Microsoft outlook inbox.

My Receiver Adapter looks like

Adapter Type : Mail

Receiver

Transport Protocol : SMTP

Message Protocol : XIPAYLOAD

Adapter Engine : Integration Server

URL : smtp://abc.xyz.com

Mail Attributes

TO : karenchampion@xyz.com

subject: Success

Content Encoding:base64

Checked the Keep attachments.

Would some one suggest me where I am going wrong, why I am not seeing that mail at all in my inbox?

Thanks for your help.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Karen,

I seem to be having the same problem you had. I have the correct smtp info in the adapter config and have the black flag showing in the monitor and RWB is showing all green.

You didn't say how you solved your problem. If possible could you put the solution up sp I could give it a try.

Thanks in advance

John

Former Member
0 Kudos

John, check your URL for your SMTP. We had the same problem, checkw with your basis

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

I have the same problem. To solved this one I renamed the XML namespace of the message type to "http://sap.com/xi/XI/Mail/30" and now its work fine.

regards.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Karen

Check the messages in RWB. What message does it give there.

cheers

Sameer

Former Member
0 Kudos

In RWB I see the following message.

Also the Mail Adapter is RED

error occurred: [2005-10-24T20:16:08Z] unable to call the mailer; com.sap.aii.messaging.srt.BubbleException: Failed to call the endpoint [null "null"]; nested exception caused by: java.lang.NullPointerException

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Karen

The following exception com.sap.aii.messaging.srt.BubbleException, occurs if the port you are trying to connect to is wrong.

Also check if your SMTP server is running

cheers

Sameer

MichalKrawczyk
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Karen,

have you tried Stefan's how to guide?

https://websmp103.sap-ag.de/~sapdownload/011000358700004556712005E/HowTo_Mail_Adapter2.pdf

Regards,

michal

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Karen

Also check ur

"From: SAPXI"

It should also be an email address.

cheers

Sameer

Former Member
0 Kudos

How to check an SMTP server is Running Sameer?

The Mail Adapter issue in RWB is resolved now and the flag is moved to Green Light now

This is how my receiver Determination looks

-

My Receiver Adapter looks like

Adapter Type : Mail

Receiver

Transport Protocol : SMTP

Message Protocol : XIPAYLOAD

Adapter Engine : Integration Server

URL : smtp://abc.xyz.com:PortNumber(Portnumber = 25)

Mail Attributes

TO : karenchampion@xyz.com

subject: Success

Content Encoding:base64

Still I dont see any mails in my INBOX, help me please. thanks.

stefan_grube
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Could you check with a mail client like Outlook Express, if you can access to the mail server?

Maybe you need user and password in the Mail Adapter configuration.

You need not apply the port number, if the mail server uses the standard smtp port 25.

Regards

Stefan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Stefan for your Response. I forgot to respond this thread when my issue was resolved. Please excuse me for that.

Thank you