cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ACCOUNTING DOCUMENT in SALES FLOW

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

I would like to know if in an Accounting Document from an Outbound Delivery (VL01N) is compulsory (SAP standard) to have 2 different lines for every item you have in the Sales Order (VA03).

I created a Sales Order, and I did the Delivery afterwords but when I went to the Accounting Document (MB03), I realised that there were 2 different lines per item:

1) Stock Account

2) Stock Variation Account

I mean, if the PO has 2 Items, there will be 4 lines in the Accounting Document. If it has 4 Items, the Accounting Document will have 8 lines and so on.

I would appreciate if anyone knows whether it is SAP standard or not.

Thanks in advanced

Gemma

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Don't worry SAP is doing fine joke apart, SAP runs on a accouting concept called as a dubble entry system. Now almost whole world runs on this accounting concept (except few special accounting business). Any entry you post in sap will hit two accounts with debit to one and credit to another. it may be either expenses, income, asset or liability. so there has to be always two or more than two line items for any logistic entry. there are some movement types for which no accounting is done as they are not hiting anyway to the valuation of company e.g. mvt 311. Hope this answers your question.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Problem Solved !!

Thanks

Gemma

Answers (0)