Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

RELOAD is needed randomly to download components to Mobile Devices

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello all,

We're currently using NW MI 7.0 SP 12.

We have loaded our server with several versions of MDSD_21_SR02 application, as well as different components such as printer drivers and add ons (connector, piprint, etc).

After a month of regular and normal use, the following error has been misteriously appearing from time to time, when synchronizing components to mobile devices:

"Installation of "DeviceConfigurationX" is aborted because it contains dependency to non-existing Mobile Component Descriptor CONNECTOR_WM03_XSL_CRM"

We also received a similar message but regarding the MDSD application.

After clicking RELOAD on our NWA for the components or applications involved, we manage to download the components successfully.

So questions are:

1. Why is it necessary to click RELOAD?

2. Are J2EE and ABAP stacks getting "un-synchronized" after some time? if this is the case, why would this happen?

3. Are there any tables (i.e: MEMSD_PROP, MEMSD_SOURCE...) that one could check to be sure both stacks are synch'd?

As always, I would really appreciate some insight on this matter

Thanks in advance

JR

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

well, it could be related to role based app assignment. Well, in the 2.5 setup guide is was recommended to plan a job called WAF_DEPLOYMENT_FROM_ROLES and run it at least daily. Well, check the 2.5 install guide fo rthe latest patch. Cause MI7 and MI2.5 are not really different, you can have a look about the missing background jobs and plan them in your system.

Hope that helps.

Regards,

Oliver

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Oliver,

First of all, thanks for the quick response.

In our case, we are not currently using role based app assignment, meaning that our device configurations are not related to roles.

Any other thought?

Rgrds, Jose

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jose,

have you checked the other jobs as well in the config guide?

The other thing is the usual thing: you have installed an update and since then the error occures - in that case I would check the notes, but I never had an error like that if the configuration was correct and the background jobs where running properly.

Hope that helps!

Regards,

Oliver

Edited by: Oliver Kaluscha on Feb 27, 2008 7:22 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ok Oliver, I will do an extensive check on jobs to see wether some are missing

Thank you, and I will post my comments after checking

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Oliver,

The middleware installation was incomplete, and there was a job missing called MEMGMT_MCD_GET_FROM_J2EE

Thank you very much for your suggestion

By the way, Frank Di Polo says hi

Cheers !!!

Answers (0)