Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Reactivate User Password

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi there,

One of our user administrators deactivated the password for a new user. When the user went to log on with their initial password, she got an error message stating:

You have no password; you cannot logon using a password

So, i have tried resetting the password through SU01. I get a message saying

The password was changed 

but when i go to display the Logon Data tab in SU01 there is a message saying

Password Deactivated

I have also looked in table USR02 and the initial password field is "0000000000000000"???

What do i have to do to get this user's password activated again without going and manipulating table in SQL? We use R/3 4.7

Thanks,

5 REPLIES 5

Former Member
0 Kudos

check note 753390. does it apply?

if not, please provide us with information whether you are using a CUA -> if yes, does the problem appear in the master or one of the child-systems.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

That note refers to: FB03: Incorrect asset doc. displayed in doc. environment so i think this could be wrong?

But - we aren't using CUA

0 Kudos

oh blast. must have made a typo there ... the note was referring to various problems with the setting of passwords together with deactivating them. i found it on service.sap.com/notes with keywords 'password' 'deactivate'. maybe you could do a quick search for yourself?

otherwise i will look into this tomorrow again, since i'm at home now without an access to a system to check a few things ...

Former Member
0 Kudos

Click on the Wizard button next to the Password field. This will activate the password and generate a new password. Then you can reset the password again.

0 Kudos

Hi,

I have tried using the Generate Password wizard, but still it is marked as deactivated.

I think note 735356 (Special character in passwords; Reactivation not possible) could solve it though.

Thanks for the help!