Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TCode linking

srilakshmi_s2
Participant
0 Kudos

A Transaction Code can be linked to a Program or Table .Is this statement correct? If not please correct me ...Thanks..

5 REPLIES 5

jurjen_heeck
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Srilakshmi,

Yes, every transaction, at the end of the day is linked to a program, report or a table

Transactions are created in SE93 Transaction. Here you can specify whether they are to be linked to a program/report or a table.

If it is a program, the program name is filled in the appropriate field.

If it is a table maintenance transaction, there is a field called transaction. Here the value is given as SM30 (SM30 is the table maintenance transaction).

The the table name is update in a field at the bottom.

Regards,

Prashant

0 Kudos

Thanks for your reply..

I need other clarifications too...pl help me out..

In the case of Tcode linked to the table, then in SE93 , we need to choose Transaction with Parameters and in the next screen,

we need to give SM30 in the transaction field.

If im correct , we can give any other Tcode instead of SM30 for which we need to preassign values to fields on the initial screen of a transaction.if not pl clarify

Transaction with Variant also seems to do the same preassignment of values to the fields...What is the difference between both these options while Tcode creation.

The fields like "Maximum No. of Hits" will be automatically filled with values like 200 or 500...also sometime date fields will be filled with default values...Do they come in this discussion of preassignment..?For example in se16 wen we give any table name and execute we could see these fields filled up...se16 is linked to a program as i can see in SM31..then where these values come from...pl clarify.

0 Kudos

Hi,

maximum no. of hits can be defined by each user, if he does not want the default of 200,....

For instance in SE16: menue->Settings->user Parameters->Number of hits.

If you want to provide a value for your Z-transaction, simple provide a value (for instance 20) for field MAX_SEL.

I hope, that this part of your Q is answered...

b.rgds, Bernhard

srilakshmi_s2
Participant
0 Kudos

Tcode linking unanswered.