Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

I am getting error when i try to access MDM repository through url :

Servername:port/SRM-MDM/SRM_MDM

I am getting the error :

500 Internal server error :

Failed to process request.

While processing the current request, an exception occured which could not be handled by the application or the framework.

The initial exception that caused the request to fail, was:

java.lang.NullPointerException

Can anybod help me out on this.

Thans in advance

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Problem solved. This can be closed

Former Member
0 Kudos

Can you please tell how you solved this problem?

Thank you,

http://www.sap4all.eu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

The solution of this problem is delete the the configuration file that they imported earler from DBMS as mentioned in note 1085527 because the configuration file is corrupted.

Follow the same procedure that defined in note and redeploy yr UI application .

Then try launch config ui and make configuration foe each usera s required.

Thanks

Sudhanshu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sudhanshu Agarwal,

Thanks,

Regards,

http://www.sap4all.eu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Basis,

I had also faced the same problem of 500 internal error and was getting Null pointer exception.

But then I realized that there was no data in one of the repositories.

And the other problem was I did not deploy the SRMMDMCAT01_0.sca file.

After deployment of this file I was able to access the config UI and do the OCI mapping and access the Catalog via the Search UI.

Try dis URL for Config UI

http://ServerIPAddress:PortNo/webdynpro/dispatcher/sap.com/tcmdmsrmcat~uisearch/MDM_SRM_UI_App

Hope dis helps u

Regards Tejas........

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Tejas

Thanks for your reply.

Actually the link was working earlier and the file SRMMDMCAT01_0.sca was already deployed. The problem occured when we tried to import OCI mapping (xml file) through transport configuration ( Which appears in that URL). That process stopped inbetween giving error and after that this problem started.

Thanks once again

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Basis,

Are u able to ping J2EE Server, check with all the connections and try redeploying the Java Connector file.

If the problem still exists then try restarting the Server and its services.

Let know what port no you are using?????

Regards Tejas........

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Tejas

I am able to ping with the J2EE Server. I restarted the server also but same problem continues. Will redeploying the JAVAAPI05_1.sca file will solve the problem?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi basis,

Yes try redeploying the MDM Connector file ie. JAVAAPI05_1.sca file.

It might solve your problem.

Regards Tejas.....

Former Member
0 Kudos

Is there any way to revert back to default setting without redeploying the file.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Basis,

I dont have any idea if things can be reverted back but try redeploying the sca file you wont loose any data.

Regards Tejas.....

Former Member
0 Kudos

Is it ok to redeploy only JAVAAPI05.sca? or Should i redeply SRMMDMSCT01_0.sca file also? I hope i will not loose data?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Basis,

Redeploy both the sca files you wont loose any data.

But first deploy the Java API and then SRMMDMSCT01_0.sca file.

Regards Tejas........

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

The problem which you are facing because of the server encountered an unexpected condition which prevented it from fulfilling the request.

I think that you should redeploy the JavaAPI File and UI file on the WAS.

But remember, the files which you will deploy must be competable with your MDM Server version.For this, you can refer the SAP Note no-1082069 for version mapping between the SRM-MDM Catalog and MDM Server.

I hope this will help you.

TNR,

Saurabh...

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Saurabh

I have redeployed the JAVA API file but still problem is as it is. Will Note 1085527 will help?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Saurabh

I have redeployed the JAVA API file but still problem is as it is. Will Note 1085527 will help?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

The SAP note which you mentioned is related to the configuration of UI.

I dont think so, it would solve your problem.

Please check with your MDM Server version, In the download content of the same version, you will find the JavaAPI file.This file should be deployed on the WAS 7.0 and above.

Have you checked with this?If not, then please.

after deployment of the Java API file, try with restart the J2EE engine of WAS.

Otherwise you can check the parameters which you have configured while creating the "External Web Service" in Tcode-"SPRO"

Hope this will solve your problem.

TNR,

Saurabh...

Former Member
0 Kudos

Saurabh

Thanks for your reply.

the vesrions are same, no problem with that. I have deployed the file and restarted the J2EE engine ow WAS but still problem persists. The note i am referring is regarding the same problem i am facing.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

If you are facing the same prob which is mentioned in the SAP Notes, then you should go for the SAP notes which you have mentioed.

TNR,

Saurabh...