cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Import BPEL process into integration repository ???

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hey all,

I know that it's possible to export an integration scenario to BPEL4WS.

My first question is if it's also possible to import such a BPEL4WS process into the integration repository?

Second question: Somewhere I read that it's optional to design integration scenarios with the graphical designer. Is that true and is there another way to create such a scenario?

Thanks for your help!

Regards

Matthias

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hey,

Thanks for the answers! They are quit helpful.

But I am a little bit confused right now. I thought there is a difference between an integration process and an integration scenario.

I read somewhere that as you said as well it's possible to import an integration process. But does that include the integration scenario as well??

So if I understand it right then I can design a cross-organizational business process with for example ARIS and import it into the XI? In this case I don't have to design an integration scenario manually because it's included in the process description, right?

I appreciate your help!

Regards,

Matthias

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

There is difference between integration process and scenario.Scenario involves multiple components across the company.

As per help.sap.com(http://help.sap.com/saphelp_erp2004/helpdata/en/86/389c1570fd2b4496ba7d9cc8257053/frameset.htm):

its also possible to import an <i>integration scenario</i>in ARIS for NetWeaver.

Priyanka

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hai Matthias

<i>>> I thought there is a difference between an integration process and an integration scenario.</i>

An <b>Integration scenario</b> can have any number of <b>Integration processes</b> involved into it.

When an <b>Integration process</b> is defined under an <b>Integration Scenario</b> then the former acts just as a <b>Business System</b> which takes in a message and gives out a message.

Regards

Shailesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

->So if I understand it right then I can design a cross-organizational business process with for example ARIS and import it into the XI?

No i dont think so, it is otherway round.

You can import BPEL for integration processes , not for Integration scenario. You can only export Integration scenario to other systems like ARIS etc as of now.

Sorry for misunderstanding your question.

Regards,

Satish

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks again for your help.

Just to clarify. You are saying that I have to design the integration scenario manually, right?

But it should be possible to import the interface, message and mapping descriptions for a scenario, shouldn't it?

And what about Actions? Can I import an external definition for that as well?

Regards

Matthias

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Matthias,

You can definitely import BPEL4WS inur integration process.

All you need to do is switch to the BPEL4WS display mode which has teh import button at top.Slect ur .ziip file form it.This .zip file is of course tht file which u had exported from ur ARIS environment.(.zip consists of .bpel and .wsdl files).

ARIS is the modelling tool used to design process flow at a higher level.The next version of ARIS will be tightly compatible with XI.

Regards

priyanka

Former Member
0 Kudos

>My first question is if it's also possible to import such a BPEL4WS process into the integration repository?

Yes you can import BPEL4WS, in IR.

1. Create Integration process

2. Switch to BPEL4WS display sceen and import your BPEL.

go through the following link

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_erp2004/helpdata/en/9f/7a7440036f6d1de10000000a1550b0/frameset.htm

>Second question: Somewhere I read that it's optional to design integration scenarios with the graphical designer. Is that true and is there another way to create such a scenario?

Aris is a tool to configure your Integration scenario other than graphical scenario.

I dont think it is available today with XI3.0.

There is lot of documentation available on ARIS with SAP.

Best regards,

Satish