cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to find Outbound Idoc number from inbound Idoc number.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have one inbound Idoc in my system, then

How to find the idoc number from the system which sends that idoc(Outbound Idoc number).

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (6)

Answers (6)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Antaryami,

we can find the corresponding outbound idoc number through BD87.

Execute transaction BD87 in sending system and give your inbound idoc in the parameters, you will get corresponding outbound idoc.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Make use of BD87 or get the key field's data from the idoc and trace the idoc at sender system in transaction WE09 by putting data in fields "Search in Field" and "for Value" .

Thanks,

Asit Purbey.

uwe_schieferstein
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello

You can use fm SREL_GET_NEXT_NEIGHBORS for this purpose.

Scenario: An EDI purchase order is received by SAP-XI and forwarded as Inbound ORDERS IDoc to R/3. SAP-XI generates an (outbound) IDoc number which differs from the (inbound) ORDERS05 IDoc in the R/3 system.

Calling fm SREL_GET_NEXT_NEIGHBORS with the following parameters:

OBJECT-OBJKEY = <IDoc number, 16-digits>
OBJECT-OBJTYPE = 'IDOC'
MAX_HOPS = '99'            " <<< get all links

I get the following result:

0000000000133906                                   IDOC       CUSTOMER   OUTIDOC
0000000000407402                                   IDOC                  INIDOC
000000370383                                       BUS2012    CUSTOMER   OUTBELEG
0010057944                                         BUS2032               INBELEG

• Outbound IDoc number

• Inbound IDoc number (ORDERS05)

• PO number

• Sales order (created from inbound ORDERS IDoc)

Regards

Uwe

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am just looking for the same solution and however I implemented the same in my code. And it is working if the Sales Order in Relationships have Inbound and outbound Idocs, it will list in this FM.

But my problem here is: I just executed one inbound idoc and processed successfully. Sales Order got created and the corresponding out- bound Idoc also got created and went to some other system.

But this Incoming Idoc and outgoing Idoc I could not able to see in the relationships(Sales order trxn).

Is somewhere I need to configure this to see in the Salesorder at relationships ???

Appreciate your reply on this one.

Regards,

Hari

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You could also get the corresponding outbound IDoc from the receiving system, known the inbound IDoc using transaction BD87 and clicking on the button, "Trace IDocs" on the application toolbar.

Alternatively, at the sender, the corresponding inbound IDoc number could be obtained from the known outbound IDoc number using the same transaction, BD87 by clicking on "Trace IDocs" on the application toolbar.

~Bineah.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Antaryami,

Transaction BDM2 produces a link between the outbound IDOC number and the inbound IDOC number.

Regards,

Arati

roger_gomez
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Antaryami,

If sender SAP system is populating the serialization field in the control segment you can use this unique number (EDIDC-SERIAL).

Roger

Edited by: Matt on Mar 12, 2009 10:39 AM - text removed