cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

WAS install error

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi-

I recently tried to install WAS 6.40 (part of netweaver) and received the following error:

Installing sapj2ee-srv-sapdb-6.40-2 ....

Preparing... ########################################### [100%]

1:sapj2ee-srv-sapdb ########################################### [100%]

Installing sapdb-7.5-2 ....

1:sapdb ########################################### [100%]

Installing sapdb-db-log-7.5-2 ....

1:sapdb-db-log ########################################### [100%]

Installing sapdb-db-files-7.5-2 ....

1:sapdb-db-files ########################################### [100%]

Found interface: inet . Alias is inet:0

ifconfig inet:0 195.155.155.1 up

SIOCSIFADDR: No such device

inet:0: unknown interface: No such device

inet:0: unknown interface: No such device

kernel.shmmax = 2313682943

kernel.msgmni = 1024

fs.file-max = 8192

/sapdb/programs/bin/xuser: error while loading shared libraries: libstdc++-libc6.2-2.so.3: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory

could not write db password file for nw4adm

Creation of .XUSER.62 failed.

By the way, inet is an alias in my .bash_profile that sets some Internet configuration parameters for my wireless card. It appears the SAP installation thought this was an "interface", whatever that is.

I have NO IDEA how to fix this. Any suggestions are welcome. Also, how do I obtain points? I noticed that I never get any help on here, and I think it may have something to do with that... I'm really new to Linux and SAP, so I can't offer much advice myself.

thanks,

Kevin

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

gregorw
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Kevin,

can you please provide us details about your installed Linux Distribution (Version)?

Regards

Gregor

Former Member
0 Kudos

Actually, I solved that problem. I found the library, updated the path, removed my "inet" alias, and it installed correctly. Now I can't get the GUI to work. I am running Fedora Core 4 (kernel 2.6.11-1369_FC4)

I am getting this error [running "gui" as "nw4adm"], which someone else on one of these SDN forums got earlier:

JAVA=/usr/lib/java/bin/java: Command not found

PH=/opt/sapgui/6.30rev4/jar: Command not found

SOI=/opt/staroffice7/program/classes: Command not found

JAVA: undefined variable

The reply to this, posted by Rolf-Martin Woersinger, was:

please do not use the SAPGUI for Java from that DVD. It comes with its own (unsupported) start script which causes several issues.

Please use latest SAPGUI for Java available at http://service.sap.com/sapgui-java.

So evidently the only functioning GUI for this “free” SAP eval is located on this password protected website!? I do not dare to provide our SAP installation number [due to office politics] to obtain a password/login-- however, I can give you my word I'm a valid customer. I need a SAPGUI that will work with the free DVD for Netweaver 6.4. Can you give me a valid login and password that will work with that link? Or is a valid GUI located elsewhere on the web? email it to clay_ok@yahoo.com if you can.

thanks-

Kevin

gregorw
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Kevin,

have a look at ftp://ftp.sap.com/pub/sapgui/ there you get the actual GUI for Java and Windows. Have you installed a JDK? Where is it installed to? Please provide the output of "java -version" and "which java".

Regards

Gregor

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks! I will try to download tonight and then award the points if it works. Does this link list multiple JavaGUIs? If so, which version do I use (e.g. 6.30, 6.40, 6.20)?

Here is my Java output. Any suggestions you have are welcome:

1. java -version

java version "1.4.2"

gij (GNU libgcj) version 4.0.0 20050519 (Red Hat 4.0.0-8)

Copyright (C) 2005 Free Software Foundation, Inc.

This is free software; see the source for copying conditions. There is NO warranty; not even for MERCHANTABILITY or FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE

1. which java

/usr/local/bin

I also installed a JDK:

/usr/local/jdk1.5.0_05

and set JAVA_HOME = /usr/local/jdk1.5.0_05 in my .bash_profile.

gregorw
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Kevin,

I would suggest 6.40. I hope you see the Problem with the Java install. The path which the SAP GUI wants to use is "/usr/lib/java/bin/java" and your Java Binary is located in "/usr/local/bin/java". I think you should make a symbolic link if you still have problems.

Regards

Gregor

gregorw
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Kevin,

what I've forgotten. Be carefull with JDK 1.5.x. It is not supported with Netweaver 04 Java.

Regards

Gregor

Former Member
0 Kudos

Gregor,

I've got a couple more issues. I installed PlatinGUI-Linux-640r4.jar and the guiinstall.log does not indicate any errors. However, a window came up during install that stated:

SAPGUI Can't set Frog Look & Feel

and the line:

(.:3204): Gdk-CRITICAL **: gdk_window_get_origin: assertion ‘window != NULL’ failed

was repeated over and over during the installation in the terminal window. Are either of these errors a problem?

Also, I do not know how to use the gui. I either get:

nw4host:nw4adm 3>gui

gui: Command not found.

or:

nw4host:nw4adm 3>gui

gui: Permission denied. [this is when I run from root's home directory and su nw4adm]

Do you know how to use the gui correctly and resolve the above errors? It installed in /opt/SAPClients and I'm not sure if the rest of my installation is linked to the GUI, or how that works even.

thanks!

Kevin