cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can not download WSDL..

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I have created & deployed one web service to the application server.

When I open Web Service Navigator, I can see my web service,

but when I click on it to test its operations,

I get the following error message:

Cannot download WSDL from http://<hostname>:50000/MyWebService/Config1?wsdl: Cannot connect to http://<hostname>:50000/MyWebService/Config1?

I hope there is some configuration needed to be done somewhere.

Please advice any help.......

Thanks in advance.

Deepak

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (7)

Answers (7)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Deepak

please go through this forums link.I am sure Definitely you will find your answer

Regards

Ruturaj

jonathon_sells3
Participant
0 Kudos

Please see this thread as it resolved the issue for us:

/thread/1003405 [original link is broken]

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Just go to your Visual Admin and under server>services>WebService Security there would be a setting to except the hostnames. Just provide the hostname that appears in your url over there, save it. Now, try to test your WS from WSNavigator.

Regards,

Murtuza Kharodawala

Former Member
0 Kudos

Did you ever figure this out? We are just starting to create WebServices in ECC 6.0 and I am facing the same issue. Must be something BASIS/config related, but I don't know what.

Someone - anyone - Please help.

Thank you! Masha

snehal_kendre
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Deepak..

Is this problem occuring for every wed service deployed on server?

do try..test all other webservices deployed on server.

if this problem still persist for other WS then contact your basis people to chek this issue...

If this problem is coming for your WS only then create a new configuration for your webservice and deploy it again..

let me know after you try it..

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello All,

We are also facing the same problem with WebService QUERY_VIEW_DATA,

for Web Service QUERY_VIEW_DATA and we are using Document Style definition in WSDL

Cannot download WSDL from http://xxxxxxxxx:1080/sap/bc/srt/rfc/sap/QUERY_VIEW_DATA?sap-client=xxx&wsdl=1.1: It is not allowed to access this service. If you believe you should be able to, please contact your system administrator

all the related SICF services were active and the ports b/w BW ABAP and Java systems were opened

Please help us in this regard and let us know if we are missing any configurations.

Thanks

Raj.

jonathon_sells3
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Raj,

Did you ever get this resolved? We are experiencing the same error:

Cannot download WSDL from ....

...It is not allowed to access this service. If you believe you should be able to, please contact your system administrator.

It just stopped working on our Dev Portal. It still works in QAS and Prod. I cannot determine why.

Thanks You

Jon Sells

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Raj,

I am trying to do the exact same thing as you and have the same problem.Were you able to resolve your problem if so can share information as to how you were able to do it.

Thanks,

Shiva

jonathon_sells3
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Shiva,

Oour ECC sytem was using our portal as the J2EE engine. After we patched the Portal, the ECC system could no longer use the WSDL. The fix is in the J2EE engine.

Please see this thread as it resolved the issue for us:

/thread/1003405 [original link is broken]

Thanks

Jon Sells

Edited by: Jonathon Sells on Oct 13, 2008 9:22 AM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Deepak

I think this url is very useful

[https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/sdn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/301ff0bb-74ca-2910-fa99-eae392695aad]

xxxxxxxxxxxxx

Trupti Zanwar

Edited by: Armin Reichert on Apr 26, 2008 7:14 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

no response..................?

nobody has any idea as why the web service navigator is not able to donload the WSDL of the web services deployed....?

SB9
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Deepak,

Which wsdl type are you trying to download ? There is RPC style, Document Style, etc and you should be able to right click on it and save the target as a zip file.

In SAP the WSDL is usually split into three files. The main wsdl file is called as main.wsdl which then refers to the two other files. these would be present in the zip file that you download.

Thanks,