cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TemSe I/O error problem

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

An App consultant had highlighted an issue with regards to temse objects. He says there are batch jobs still running since 2004 in SM35 and when double clicking it it shows a message stating "temse: I/O error" and are still in the "in processing" state. I entered the name of that particular job into SM37 and it could not find it so I can assume that it was finished and deleted out of the list after 7 days. Even some of the jobs in "in processing" state started 6 days ago from now are having the same error message and I am unsure as to what is causing this.

I thought I could try and find an associated temse object in tst01 and tst03 tables by using the user name but the dates do not match with dates in sm35.

The mystery is that the batch job is still running which cannot be cancelled, SM37 finds no traces of the job, and there is no temse object in tst01 or tst03 for that job of that date and user name.

Can anyone who knows what is happening kindly explain why this is. My initial thought is that it might be a bug in SAP and a patch must be available?

R/3 kernel is 620.

your help is much appreciated.

Mani

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ok, I misunderstood at first reading.

Not sure about it, but i think you could cleanup this way:

In SM35 click session -> release,

then click session -> delete

This should delete entries from APQI.

hope this helps

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Joe,

I have given that a try and when i release it, it goes under new but when i delete it, it then goes back into "in processing" state and there still is an entry in APQI table.

this is a strange one. thought it might be something to do with support packages. SAP_ABA is currently on level 29 on release 620.

Mani

Former Member
0 Kudos

One more suggestion:

When you click 'delete', there will be a question like 'delete logs?'

Here click 'no'

Former Member
0 Kudos

thanks joe,

That has worked and about a hundred more to go through :s

thanks,

Mani

Former Member
0 Kudos

This type of inconsistency with running/non-running jobs sometimes happens in SM37.

To cleanup:

in SM37 mark the job,

and click:

job -> check status

hope this helps

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi, thanks for the reply,

I did do that but it cannot find the jobs in sm37 that are highlighted in sm35 as "in processing" state. I had a look at the tables APQD and APQI and it seems that one of the queue ID exists in APQI but not in APQD.

Mani