cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem in Inspection type 06

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Everybody,

Suppose 100 quantity(unrestricted) is available in the warehouse. Now 10 is sent to the customer and it returns due to some problem. A lot of type 06 will be generated in the system.

Now the quality person finds that this quantity(10) which returned from the customer should

be rejected. He goes in the system and rejects this

lot. But the problem is that along with this 10

quantity, the remaining quantity of 90 is also placed

under RESTRICTED batch status. The user wants that

status of only 10 should be changed and the remaining

90 should be left untouched.

Please tell me how to do this.

Regards,

Rocky.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member42744
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Restricted status applies to the entire batch. This is basic SAP functionality and you cannot change that. In addition, if your batch management is at the material or client level, when you restrict the batch in plant A, any other inventory of that batch is restricted anywhere else in the world that it might exist in your client, i.e. at distribution centers, warehouses or other plants.

You should use a "new material" posting in the stock posting screen to post it too a new batch. (use same material number). Many places preface the actual batch number with an R, or some other convention. They don't want to use relabel the stuff in the plant.

Or you can post the 10 items to blocked stock instead of restricting the batch.

Craig

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Craig,

Thanks a lot for the answer and it was very helpful.

Now when I go to the UD screen of these lots of inspection type 06, I see that there is no stock posting tab there. Only the UD code can be entered and as per the system settings, as soon as I select the UD code R, I get a message saying 'Change batch status to -restricted- based on usage decision'. After this the batch status changes to Restricted. How to avoid this ?

Is there any way I can configure this UD screen so that it shows the Stock Posting tab for lots of Inspection Type 06 ?

Regards,

Manish.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

06 inspection type is not stock relevant.

Hence lots created with 06 insp type will not have any stock posting tab.

You may think of 05 insp type.

Regards

K.M.Arun

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Arun,

Thanks a lot for your answer and it has helped me a lot. So what I have understood by you answer is that I cannot post the quantity which comes via Inspection Type 06 to BLOCKED stock.

For doing this I will have to use Inspection Tyoe 05. Am I right in my understanding ?

Regards,

Manish.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Refer the link below regarding customer return with 05 insp type.

http://www.sapfans.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=296648&highlight=customerreturninspection

http://www.sapfans.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=178339&highlight=customerreturninspection

If you use 06 insp type , you will get lot without stock posting tab.

If you use 05 insp type, you will get lot with stock posting tab.

Hope this will helps you.

Regards

K.M.Arun

Edited by: ARUN KM on Feb 28, 2008 5:16 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

We are receiving customer returns via Movement Type 651. I activated Inspection Type 05 and when customer returns were received via Movement Type 651, no lot was generated.

Should my SD team use some other movement type for Inspection Type 05 ?

Regards,

Manish.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I think you have to use mvmt type 655 to bring matl into Quality from goods return.

Regards

K.M.Arun

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

When I reject a particular batch of Inspection Type 06, I get a message saying 'Change batch status to -restricted- based on the usage decision' after this the status of the batch is automatically changed to RESTRICTED.

Can anyone please tell me how to avoid this ? I dont want to change the status of the batch when I reject it.

Regards,

Manish.

former_member42744
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Check the selected set of the UD code your using for reject and see what the stock posting is. You might be able to change those settings. I can't test right now to see if the batch change is hard-coded by the system or if it is a function of the UD code like all the other stock postings are.

I have a feeling it might be hard-coded.

Craig

Answers (0)