cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Deployment - Safety stock

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi expert,

I wanted to know How ATD( available to deploy) will be caluclated. Is there any settings which we have to make to consider ATD = Stock on Hnade - Safety stock.

Ex : Stock is 110

Safety stock : 10

Result i want is

ATD = 100.

When we run deployment it should take 100 has input to deployment( Excluding Safety stock).

Please suggest any solution, This is Urgent requirement

Thanks in advance

Best regards,

Srinivas

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Is it possible to add safety stock to ATD Issues.. I added safety stock category SR in our custom category, but when i checked in my planning book its not getting added.

again If i want to exclude Safety stock for Deployment what i shiould do. We want to maintain safety stock always so that we can deliver to some of our special customer,

Please Suggest..

Thanks in advance

Best Regards,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Are you planning for safety stock through PP/DS as explained by Somnath, if yes then only you safety stock will have category SR.

In SNP Deploymant the stock is always pushed to the downstream location to meet the Net Requirement (Demand + Safety Stock) at the downstream location, in this case safety stock is calculated using Macro and master data settings at product location level.

In deployment stock will be pushed from upstream location Plant to downstream location depot to meet both demand and safety stock requirements, you can use this safety stock to meet the customer demand as the system will always try to maintain the target stock level (Demand + safety stock) ath the depot.

Now if you want to reserve stock at the upstream location plant to meet the customer demand and the remaining stock should be available for deployment you have to manually add the quantity equivalant to safety stock to ATD Issues for each bucket using customization in the Macro which should sove you problem as only the remaining stock quantity after reducing safety stock will be available for deployment.

In your case even if you have added SR to ATD Issues its not showing because either you have not planned for Safety stock using PP/DS or you have not taken a deployment run.

Thanks,

Sanjog

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sanjog,

Thank you for Your Reply,

I created macro and then executed Deployment then My problem got solved. But i just want to know if i add safety stock to ATD issues Category group, similar to Macro it has to safety stock has to be added to ATD issues right?.. Its not happening addition of safety stock through macro and Category group must work the same way right?...

Let me Know if i am wrong...

Thanks all for your valuable inputs...

Best Regards,

Srini

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

In SNP the safety stock is calculated dynamically based on demand and safety days supply, or the safety stock quantity, depending on master data configuration.

No category is assigned to safety stock quantity so even if you add safety stock category to ATD Issues it will not work because of the above reason.

In PP/DS safety stock planning category is assigned to safety stock, but I have not worked on this.

Thanks,

Sanjog

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sanjog,

I created a macro to add Safety stock to ATD issues and then executed deployment. But still i get the same result, safety Stock is not reserved. After Executing Deployment i am getting ATD issue equivalent to Distribution demand confirmed for the current time bucket and for the future time bucket( from March onwards ) its equal to Safety stock.

Do you have any idea?..

Thanks in advance,

Best regards,

Srini

srinivas_krishnamoorthy
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Maybe I did not read carefully the last time, but i understand that you do not want to deploy safety stock from the source location. I am assuming in your test condition, you do have safety stock of category CB at the source location to exactly test this. I am assuming you would have excluded CB from ATD Issue category group, and made sure that the category group is appropriately assigned to Location Product or the Location master. Try to test if this works, and if it doesnt then read on the next para.

In deployment or any other Supply planning tool, meeting the demand is an overriding requirement and hence the system will naturally dip into satefy stock to meet the requirement instead of shorting the demand. I would be tempted to think that you would need to write a follow-up macro after deployment to substract the Distribution Demand (confirmed) by the safety stock (in the forward direction until all safety stock is substracted starting with the current bucket). This is a complex macro (may be a user exit macro will do ? ) since you may want to be careful about the composition of Distribution demand arising from multiple locations.Make sure that Distribution Demand is made editable in the planning book design to make the macro run. You can try to add back the Subtracted Distribution Demand(confirmed) onto Distribution Demand(planned) Let us know the results.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

ATD Issues will have quantity equal to Deployment Stock Transfer + Safety Stock, as you have manually added quantity equivalent to Safety Stock to ATD Issues. But Deployment Stock Transfer will be generated only for quantity remaining after reducing Safety Stock Quantity from the stock quantity.

Hence your quantity equivalant to Safety Stock will not be used for further deployment and will be deducted from ATD quantity, I think this is what you want to do, reserve the quantity equivalant to safety stock.

Thanks,

Sanjog

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sanjog,

Thanks for the suggestion.

I will create Macro and Come back to you..

Best Regards,

Srini

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Together,

Thanks for quick reply,

We have Custom catogry group ZTJ which we are using it for deployment.

This category grooup is having two categories CC,CF. In this case I think Safety stock will not be considered for deployment right?. If so, If i want to add safety stock to ATD, Which category i have to add SR( SStk Req) or CB( safety stock )?.

Thanks in Advance,

Best Regards,

Srinivas

srinivas_krishnamoorthy
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

SR is a requirement and CB a receipt element. ATR is ATD receipts and hence you should include CB just like other stock categories. In the same vein, you may want to consider including SR in ATD Issue.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Are you considering a seperate category for Safety Stock, I mean if you are doing deploymtent heuristic the supplies to meet the safety stock are not stored in a seperate category and once you do the goods receipt it gets added to the stock at that location and will reflect as category CC.

In Deployment the upstream location i.e. Plant will push all the supplies (ATD) to the downstream location i.e. depot to meet the demand + Safety Stock requirement, it will first fulfill the Net Requirement for downstream location and keep the remaining stock.

In you case category group ZTJ has category CC (unrestricted stock) and CF (stock under inspection), safety stock should be a part of category CC and should be considered for deployment.

Thanks,

Sanjog

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

ATD quantity is calculated based on the category group defined at location or product location level in the ATD Receipts field in the ATP or SNP2 tab respectively, product location will overwrite value defined at location level. If you dont define any category group it will take default category group ATR to calculate the ATD quantinty.

If you want specific categories only to be available for deployment you should create a custom category group with the required categories and populate it either at location or product location level as per your requirement.

The Macro reads this category group and populates the ATD Receipts field in Planning book (this quantity is used for deployment) depending on the category and quantity available.

Their is no standard setting by which you can reduce the Safety stock quantity from the ATD quantity directly, you need to do certain customizations to modify the ATD quantity.

You can either reduce the Safety stock directly from the ATD quantity using the Macro functionality which I think is very difficult or you can put the quantity equivalent to Safety stock in the ATD Issues using development in Macro which i think should be the correct way to achieve your objective as this is the standard behavior in SAP.

Once you put the quantity equivalant to safety stock in ATD Issues it will reduce the ATD quantity by corresponding value.

Only check I think you need to build is that the ATD quantity is greater than Safety Stock before reducing the ATD.

Thanks,

Sanjog

somnath_manna
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Adding to what Sanjog has mentioned - Safety Stock is a requirement (category SR) which will cause additional receipt elements. If you want Safety Stock qunatity to be made available for Deployment one option is to add SR category in the ATD Issues Category Group. This will inturn increase the quantity available for Deployment from the Safety Stock quantity. However take caution that actually Safety Stock requirement has been planned and executed (additional quantity available as Stock CC) by PPDS.

Somnath