Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Backend Values to Frontend......

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

please clarify my dought...In the adaptive RFC Model

In the front end I have created 4 elements to capture

backend data...but in the backend i have prepared(in bapi)

5 values to be displayed in the front end..If i design my

application like this ..what could happend and which type of

error i will get.

In the same way..from front end i have 5 elements to captture

backend data,,but in the back end only 4 values are there...in this scenario what will happend..

Regards

DS

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI

In the front end I have created 4 elements to capture backend data...but in the backend i have prepared(in bapi) 5 values to be displayed in the front end..If i design my application like this ..what could happend and which type of error i will get

You will not get any error in this case as you are reading the contents from back end system and displaying them in dynpro view. if you are not using 5 UI elements to display , only that data will be displayed which is bind to these UI elements. You will not get as such error. we can skip the fields which are not required.

In the same way..from front end i have 5 elements to captture backend data,,but in the back end only 4 values are there...in this scenario what will happend

if you use 5 Ui elements to capture 4 fields available in model, you will not get fifth field to bind it to UI element in your view. so that Ui element will remain unused.

so we can say that we should have one to one UI elements to be mapped to.

Regards,

Mandeep Virk

former_member214651
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Seshu,

As far as my knowledge goes,

In the First case, if u have 5 attributes in the backend but only 4 are to be displayed, it will not throw any error,because u are only reading the values from the backend, out of which all attributes may not be needed to be displayed.

But in the case of submitting the data, if the attribute that u are missing is mandatory then it will definitely throw an error while u try to save the data, if it is not a mandatory field or an important field, it will contain "null".

Hope this clears ur doubt

Regards,

Poojith MV