cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error while deploying model !

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

I am total naive to VC, i have created a model, in it i have created a role --> page --> url iview, now when i deploy this model sometime it works and sometimes it gives me error that

Error : Undifined !!

What could be the cause of this error?? Any input?

Regards,

Ameya

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

First thing to check is whether you set the correct runtime provider for your model.

In the case of Portal entities, the runtime provider should be set to "portal".

the runtime provider selection box is in the Configuration View of your iView, see screen shot for details:

http://img84.imageshack.us/img84/9273/portalruntimezn6.png

Regards,

Shai

former_member188632
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Thanks for the reply, yes i have set this compiler runtime to portal. But still it is giving the error.

Regards,

Ameya

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ameya,

This error might mean that the session has terminated. Please refresh the browser next time you get the error, and see if you are being asked to fill out your login info again. If so, then the session is indeed terminated and that is the reason you get the error. In such a case, a simple refresh and reopening the model should solve the problem.

If the session is not terminated, then I'd appreciate it if you could test the following: when you get the error message again, please try and press the "Compile" button instead of the "Deploy" button. Does the compilation pass successfully?

Let me know the results of these tests, and we'll continue from there.

Thanks,

Talya

former_member188632
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Thanks for the reply, i tested my model bu just compiling it and it complied successfully and says "View source code". Si does that means it is the issue with session time out? also my application is takign too long to get deployed. What could be the issue?

Regards,

Ameya

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ameya,

The question is, if when you get this error message: "Error : Undifined !!", is the session then terminated? That is the most important test. As I wrote before, when you get the error, please refresh the explorer and let me know if you get the "login" page again or not.

Thanks,

Talya

ThatSAPGuy
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Ameya-

Can you check/share your default trace file when you click on deploy. There might be an error/exception which might hold the key to identifying your problem.

Cheers-

Atul

Answers (0)