cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Message mapping when using BPM?

Former Member
0 Kudos

We are doing a test to see if you can do a split of a string using standard functions, UDF or BPM.

We discovered that standard function has some of the functionality but if you are going to solve the problem that way the solution will be very complex. You will get no flexi bility in how to design the string and all the feilds will have to have fix length. So Standard functions are not the solution for us.

UDF works realy great. Write your java function and map it and everything are running.

We wont to test BPM as well. and i just started to look at it and how to solve it. I'm a newbee on BPM and for start I'm wondering how the message mapping should look to use in the BPM?

Sourcemessage looks as follow:

<Header>
   <Line>   
      <SegmentA>   0 to unbounded
      <SegmentB>   0 to unbounded
      <SegmentC>   0 to unbounded

SegmentA contains a value to be copied to a segment in the target.

SegmentB contains a date to be copied to a targetelement.

SegmentC contains a string that we want to split into several elements in the target structure.

Targetmessage looks as follow:

<Header>
   <LineA>   1 to 1   (Will get the value from SegmentA in the sourcemessage.)
   <LineB>   1 to 1   (Will get the value from SegmentB in the sourcemessage.)
   <LineC>   0 to unbounded
      <ElementA>   0 to 1   (Will get a part of the string from SegmentC in the sourcemessage.)
      <ElementB>   0 to 1   (Will get a part of the string from SegmentC in the sourcemessage.)
      <ElementC>   0 to 1   (Will get a part of the string from SegmentC in the sourcemessage.)

To able to get the messages into BPM I need a interfacemapping and to do the interfacemapping I need to do a messagemapping. How should that messagemapping be configured?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

you can use your existing mappings in the Integration Repository.

In the BPM you reference mappings from your Integration Repository.

It's all explained here:

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04s/helpdata/en/ae/fd773f12f14a18e10000000a114084/frameset.htm

Regards

Patrick

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi again Patrick.

Thanks for the help last time.

As you see this is the same problem but we are solving it with BPM.

Can I just do the mappings like this?

Source          Target
SegmentA -> LineA
SegmentB -> LineB
SegmentC -> LineC
SegmentC -> ElementA
SegmentC -> ElementB
SegmentC -> ElementC

nisarkhan_n
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Yes that way you can but you have to take care number of times the Segment A is appearing Line A should occur

is it possible that SegA can occur multiple times,,similarly segc occuring multiple times?

Check this lnk specially Rajs reply in this thread....

he hs explained it with screen shots also there...it might be usefull

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am not sure if i understand your problem.

If your mapping is working fine and you just want to use in bpm

then you don't have to change something and you can use your existing mapping like it is.

Is this your question?

Regards

Patrick

Former Member
0 Kudos

The mapping with UDf that I did the other day where you helped me to get the splitbyvalue in the right place works fine. But the company want to see if we can solve the problem with BPM without using UDF.

So I want to do the mapping without the UDF and to the split of the string in BPM.

Is this possible?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Like i already mentionend uses the BPM mappings that are defined in the Integration Repository. That means in my opinion that regarding the feasibility of a certain mapping it makes no different if it is used in a BPM or not.

Maybe it's possible to realize your mapping without an UDF, but this has nothing to do with a BPM.

Regards

Patrick

Former Member
0 Kudos

I'm a little confused.

Can you please write a table with the mappings?

Or can i do the mappings like I wrote earlier?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Now you confuse me

Sorry, but i don't understand your questions.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Lets start from the beginning.

Do you remember the question you help me with the other day?

Now i want to try to replace that UDF with a BPM (Integration Process).

For first is that possible? To solve the things the UDF (splitting a string according to search for substrings and pi´ck the value between the substrings) do with the BPM...

Former Member
0 Kudos

> Now i want to try to replace that UDF with a BPM (Integration Process).

An UDF is part of a mapping and an Integration Process is used if you want to realize a more complex scenario then sending a message from System A to System B. In BPM you can do things like collecting messages, use timeouts, ...

But if you want to use a mapping in a BPM you define your mapping in your Integration Repository (like in a standard scenario without BPM) and then you can use the mapping in the Integration Process.

That's why i say it's maybe possible to realize your mapping without UDF (for example only with standard functions), but it makes no difference if you use BPM.

If you want to try finding a solution without UDF, i would suggest to open a new thread for this question.

Hope this helps.

Regards

Patrick

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Patrick.

I think we migth have the wrong picture here of what BPM can do. I think we have to look into that.