cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to link new document to objectlink for cv01n transaction

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi friends,

please tell me how to link new document to objectlink in transaction cv01n.

i wants to show new tab (Employee Master) in object link. it should conatin personnel no and name.

there area already so many documents , ex : vendor, customer.

similarly i want ' Employee master' tab.

please prive the solution.

may mail id is : bharath.nallareddy@gmail.com

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

christoph_hopf
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi,

First it is necessary to maintain the correct screen numbers for all needed objects within the customizing. Therefore go to transaction SPRO and select

Cross-Application Components

> Document Management

> Control Data

> Maintain Screen for Object Link

Here you can enter all needed SAP objects with the name and the related screen number. If you do not know the object or the screen number you can display a list of all SAP standard objects in transaction SE80 under function group CV130 ("Screens").

So for material master you maintain the following entry:

SAP object Screen Description Auth.

-

MARA 201 material master 1

Please note that the system automatically adds the leading "1" which is displayed in function group CV130 under "Screens". So for object MARA you just have to enter 201 instead of 1201.

The value "1" in the column "Auth." is necessary to grant that always the latest dynpros and authorizations were used when linking this object to an document info record. This will avoid different problems by displaying linked documents from the object side.

The next step is to decide which objects should be used in the different document types. Therefore please go to transaction DC10 and choose the relevant document type. Afterwards please select "Define object links". Here you can add all needed objects only by entering the object. The correct screen number is taken automatically. Also note the blue information buttons in the upper right corner which contain further necessary information about the possible settings of the current screen.

After doing these settings in customizing you should be able to link the maintained objects to document info records and oppositely.

I hope this information could be usefull for you.

Best regards,

Christoph

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi chris,

i am vey much thankful to you, for sharing your knowledge with me.

i have done the samething what you have suggested,

but i am unable to see the screen in CV01N,

i have pa0001 table that was not provided by sap.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Can u pls. tell me how I can link any document (DMS) with Document (A/c.) created with "MIRO" tcode?

I don't know how to maintain the source screen for that and object links as well.

Thanks.

Ashish

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Ashish,

You can not link a document with any T Code...you need to assign the document type to a specific object...go to SPRO --> Cross Application Component --> DMS --> Control , choose a document Type and then add a particular table/field with which you want to attach a particular document along with screen number..version assignment, maintain the entries very carefully as they will impact the overall document whether you are using version or not...plus which all object status will be used, if any standard document Type dosen't suits your requirement then copy a standard one and modify accordingly.

Reward points if it helps,

Regards,

N

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

There is no standard link to HR, you would need to create one.

Have you looked at using ArchiveLink rather? ArchiveLink has the ability to link documents to infotypes in HR which makes it preferable for most customers.