cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

JCO refresh - Reload Portal - Change Language ESS / Portal

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear NG,

I have to develop an application which change the language during runtime of the ESS applications.

I tried it, but it didn't work as i thoutht. I inserted in an existing DC a button, which will change the language of the logged on user to another language. But nothing changed. I pressed F5, a portal refresh was triggerd and the portal content came with the correct changed language. But unfortunately not the content which comes from the erp back end. This content changed after a portal log off and log on.

Due the reason we will use sso it's also not possible to use an language combobox at the logon screen and set the language in masthead.

Has anybody an idea to refresh the ESS used JCO connections? Or any other ideas?

Thanks for helps!

best regards

Veit

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

Former Member
0 Kudos

oh, no. that has nothing to do with that. there should be a function in a dc, where i can choose my prefered language, which i want to use in the portal an in the ess applications.

for example: an expatriate sitting romania. The administrator only know that he is working in romania but he doesn't know that he doesn't speak romanian, but german. The administrator will set his default language in the userprefs to romanian. The expat will logon the firsttime to the portal and will see that everything is in a language he doesn't understand. But he should see a function to change his default language. His changes will also stored in the userprefs. (for info, -> Userprefs are in the ABAP Stack, bound to portal).

I made a small DC which provide this functionality, but when he change his default language - nothing happend. After a portal refresh (e.g. F5 in the webbrowser) the portal content changed to his new language! but not the content from the backend (erp)! That's the reason i don't think that's an proxy/browsercache issue, rather a jco issue. Because after a portal logoff and logon, he will see the portal content and ! the backend content in his new default language.

Thanks for any new ideas!

Best regards, Veit

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Veit

I think you are doing Internationalization exercise,

I like to suggest you to refresh/clear browser cache and proxies instead of going towards JCo connections.

First of all before executing choose only one default language English in your browser. and deploy your appl.

Then after deploying your application

- Add desired language as per your requirement.

- Refresh and clear cache of your browser.

- Clear proxy too.

- Exit your browser.

Re Deploy your application and check.

Regards,

Mandeep Virk

Former Member
0 Kudos

It should be independend from the browser language. The user it self should choose the language she or he prefers. That means the user should have a possibilty to change the language during the time the user is logged on the portal.

e.g. a small java webdynpro app in the ess role, where the user can change her/his prefered language.

Best regards

Veit

Former Member
0 Kudos

Can i do that during runtime, change it back immediatly and

will that trigger a reload of user settings and respectively reload the content of the erp backend.

And if yes, is this a good idea? Because with this solution will also affect other users logged on the system.

Thank you for you quick answer!

Best regards

Veit

nikhil_bose
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

If you are having problem with locales (Languages) that might be browser issue.

I didn't get you that what is changing at runtime ?

nikhil_bose
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You can increase maximum connections and decrease maximum waiting time for JCo destinations.