cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Transfer of data

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi SAP gurus,

How do you transfer a group of data or any master data from one server to another. eg. If customer master has to be moved from development to test server.

Thanks in advance

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Friend,

Master data Cannot be transported in the system using transportation.

Only Customizing can be.

What best we can do is to create a flat file from the table veiw.

in excel.from SE16

and then use LSMW or develop a BDC by your ABAPer and upload the same in the required Server.

thanks,

SAP SD

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Can someone help me out on this and give me some idea.

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI srikanth,

It is not possible to transport master data from one client to client, it is possible through tools like LSMW and BDC and SCATT etc.,

Upload means nothing but creation of customers in a huge number, it is not possible to create large number customers manually so companies use therse tools to upload master data like customer master and materaial master data.

Ex:suppose if u hav 10000 customers if u want to change the palnt data in those customers for all tose customers it is not possible to change for each and every customer , in this case these tools are so helpful, this is nothing but uploading of plant in the customer master data.

Regards,

kishore.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

You can use transaction BD12, Then IDoc will be created and posted to recieving system.

This is transfer from one server to other using ALE.

Means you can transfer data from Development to Quality.

Please Note : ALE setting should have been done before trying this option.

Regards

KRSNA

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

thanks!!!! What do you mean by upload? How to go about it. should I create all the data again?

Former Member
0 Kudos

it is not possible to transfer......u need to upload the data again.........