cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error while importing RFC schema

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Friends,

I am getting the following error while importing the RFC schema in Integration repository from SAP which is on ECC version.

The error I am getting is:

Unable to establish connection to R/3 system 10.238.52.79 (system=03, client=250) Troubleshooting tips:

Is the target system online?

Check the connection data (note that server names and groups are case-sensitive)

Tips for administrators (see the configuration guide for more details):

Does the user have the required authorizations in the target system?

Is the target system configured correctly in "etc/services"?

I checked the target system configuraion as well as user authorization. All the connection parameters are also correct.

Does anybody have idea about the solution to this problem?

Regards,

Nitin.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (6)

Answers (6)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I had this problem before. I had to make an entry with SAPGW03 in my services file on the XI server. the entry should look like

sapgw03 3303

That resolved my problem. If you are working with a XI server on Windowns the file is located in <WINDOWS_DIR>\system32\driver\etc\ directory.

Thanks,

Kalyan Musunuri

OBT Global Inc.

Message was edited by: Kalyan Tej Musunuri

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sejoon/Stef,

I already tried using the capital letters for hostname, username and password. It didnot work. Do you think it is having any relation to the ECC version of R/3.

Nitin.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi, Nitin.

Could you check the xi.log under the

/usr/sap/<SID>/DVEBMGS00/j2ee/cluster/server0/log/applications/com.sap.xi? Or browse from the logviewer.

Anyway, if there were errors, it will be written to this xi.log.

Thanks.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Nitin,

After checks in system connections and user authorizations in R/3 as kindly mentionned above, simply try to tape password of user with capital letters ! May be java applications like the integration builder has to pass explicitly passwd in upper case to SAP systems.

Stef

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sameer,

I have passed value for System and Client in 'Connection Data for Import from SAP System' the same as value in SAP logon pad. So Log on credentials are correct.

Any other reason?

Nitin.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Nitin

Try the suggestions in the following thread and see if it helps,

cheers

Sameer

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi, Nitin.

i'm not sure this is relevant to your situation but in my case on Windows 2003 + SP14, sometimes i had to set application server with capital letter(uppercase) hostname even though i set all the hostnames in /etc/hosts as lowercase.

Good luck

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sameer,

Thanks for your reply.

I tried your suggestion but it gave me the error which says 'sysnr' needs to be a two digit number string.

In the error text which I have posted it mentions that system=03 but actually it is system number = 03.

Can you think of any other reason for this error?

Nitin.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Nitin

What have you passed as parameter value for System and Client in 'Connection Data for Import from SAP System'

The value for 'System' there should be your System ID. And the System Number is correct 03.

cheers

Sameer

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Nitin

In the 'Connection Data for Import from SAP System' parameters the system is not system number, but System ID.

So in your case it is not 03, but system id. Change the value and you will not get the error.

Sameer