Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Doubt in Condition Editor

former_member187437
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi all,

I m using Condition Based Receiver Determination where I need to map different receivers based on the existence of a particular field.

i.e.

if a particular field exists- Receiver A

if it doesnt exists - Receiver B

There is a operator 'EX' to check the existence of the element.

But i dont understand how to insert the second conditon. There is no Negation operator.

Can someone please suggest me how to go about this.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

justin_santhanam
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Aarthi,

Give the condition Ex for Receiver A in condition editor, now scroll down, there you can see some options like Terminate the process or choose other receivers , there give the Receiver B.

It will solve ur problem.

Please see this help : -http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw70/helpdata/en/26/5ccd3bb4560f01e10000000a11402f/content.htm

in that url go to Options for Behavior at Runtime If a Receiver Is Not Found . There you need to choose the third option - Continue Message Processing with the Following Receiver

Hope it helps!

raj.

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Arathi,

Add two conditions in Configure receivers:

1. If field exists , then Receiver A.

2. If field = "Keep Blank" , then Receiver B.

And Click on Radio Button

Continue Message processing with the following receiver and in receiver Specify Receiver B.

Description: How it will work?

Ans:Case1 : If field exists, then msg willl be sent to Receiver A and second condition will be failed as there will be some value in field.

Case 2 : If field does not exists, Ist condition will be failed and second condition will also failed but u need it to be true , so u r specifying ur 2nd receiver in No Receiver Found conditiond under radio button.

NOTE:

Solution only Valid if: If field exists, then it should not be blank.

Reward me the points , if it helps you and solve ur query.

Thanks,

Anurag

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Raj,

In this case if supoose there are some problem with Receiver A then it will by default send the Message to Receiver B. No matter the particular field exits or not.

That may lead to unexpected output from Receiver B.

It will be better if you will check the existance of that fild in mappin and select the receiver with extended feature of Receiver determination.

Thanks

Swarup

justin_santhanam
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Swarup,

As far as Aarthi's concern is if the values exists then it will go to ReceiverA, if it's not then Receiver B. What do u mean by some problem in Receiver A, you mean unavailablity?

raj.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Raj,

Lets consider that this transaction was scheduled periodically and due to maintainance purpose your Receiver system A is not available. But Receiver system B is there so in that case either the field exists or not it will route to Receiver B only.

Rectify me if I am wrong. I am doubtful if it will create the error message with Receiver system A and will stop it will default take receiver system B inn this case.

Thanks

Swarup

justin_santhanam
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Swarup,

If i'm not wrong, Receiver Could not be determined is entirely different from the Receiver couldn't be reached. In your case the scenario will error out. If the first receiver is error'd out then it won't go to second receiver, as far as my knowledge.

@Aarthi, can u confirm whether my understanding is correct or not, since u are already in DEV?

raj.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Raj,

I am also in dilemma about it. Probably it will route to the Receiver B if incae of failure of receiver A also.

But its better to confirm about it with one practical..

Lets see if Aarthi's reply on this. Or I will do this scenario once I get some free time and will confirm about it.

I will update you on this

Thanks

Swarup

former_member187437
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

I think what Raj says is correct. Since the Receiver Determination takes place before the actual routing, the default Receiver is chosen if no other receiver is found.

Suppose, even if the chosen receiver is unreachable, it will only throw error in XI. It will not go back to Receiver Determination again.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

if you want the multiple condition for the same receiver then after defining the first condition in click on the [] button this will give as OR condition and if you click on the button + then it willgive the AND condition.

In this way u can define the multiple conditions.

Thanks

Rinku