cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TRASSPORT REQUEST

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi gurus

what is the difference between transportble and non transpotble items give me examples .

and i need transport rquest materials also so please help me

regards

prasanna

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member204513
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

HI Prasanna,

Regarding Transportation request, when you make new configuration or changes for existing in the IMG the System will ask the Transport request while saving the changes.

Through SE09 you can create the new transport request.

Based on this request BASIS people will be moved the configuration changes to the other systems like Quality system-->Production system.When there is a physical link in between the systems then only it possible.

If there is no physical link between the systems we can not transport the request to the other systems that we can call non transportable request.

Ex:- Changes made in Sand box system

I hope it will help you

Thanks,

Murali.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

You can access the request overview in the Transport Organizer by choosing Own requests in the request query dialog box or by choosing:

Tools ® ABAP Workbench ® Overview ® Transport Organizer

The request overview is displayed in the form of a hierarchical list and is organized according to the categories "Transportable" and/or "Local". If you only have change requests belonging to one of the categories, only this category will appear.

The configuration of the transport routes in the SAP System determines whether changes to objects during modification adjustment are recorded in a local or transportable change request. You cannot and must not change these settings during the upgrade. In all cases, the change request can still be used for automatically transferring modifications to a subsequent system. For this procedure, the change requests are not released in the normal way, but handled specially.

regards

sadhu kishore

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kishore,

Can you plz explain wat is the main difference between Customizing Request and Workbench request

In which situation we are using these 2 requestes..

regards

Durga Prasad

former_member204513
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Durga,

What are the changes and configuration done by the Functional consultants will be saved under Customisation request

What are the changes or developments done by the ABAP people they will save under Workbench request.

I hope it will creal for you,

Please correct me if Iam wrong,

Regards,

Murali.