Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Syncronization error.

konchada_saikrishna
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi All,

We are working on MAM application for PDA and testing it on LAPTOP for the time being.

When we create some local notifications and sync the device, it completes in @ 8 secs says sync is sucessful but the new notifications still reside in loacal tab but with no edit or delete option (standard may be).

If we sync again then it displays a runtime error message as below.

<b>Exception while proccessing method SMARTSYNC : java.lang.RuntimeException: Error while Smart Sync inbound processing: com.sap.ip.me.spi.persist.IPersistenceException: Cannot insert as entity already exists for IClassDescriptor/Key: BO name</b>

after @ 2 or 3 minutes if we sync again it says sync is sucess ful and the local notifications move to global.

Here why is this sync completes in seconds with out sending the entire data where in some systems the same application syncs for @ 2 min or so, or how do we know how much time we need to wait between each sync not to encounter this eror message.

Thanks in advance,

Sai Krishna. K

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

basically I would do two things:

first I would set the sync to synchronous. Will take longer then 8sec - but will wait for the reply from the backend while creating the new notification. This should then set the Bo to global immediately in the sync

Second I would switch on repetitive sync as well - this gives you a reply if the sync is not completed and there is still data in process.

At last: I would check how long it really takes to create the notification on the backend.

Hope this helps to solve the issue.

Regards,

Oliver