cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to write a webservice service server side protocol?

Former Member
0 Kudos

As we know in many application server which support webservice,

The developer can write a webservice handler to get the web service information,

the handler take the responsibilities which are very similar to the servlet filter's responsibilities.

Each application server vendor implement the handler in many ways.

In Weblogic Application Server, it is called message handler.

In SAP Netweaver, it is called protocol.

I found how to config protocol on client side in the SAP Netweaver online document,

but I could not find any infomation on how to config the serverside webservice protocol,

Here are steps to implement a client side protocol(see also http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/4a/5b474e4d5f6c448f7f1f41ab6c4d6c/content.htm)

1. Write a protocol class implement the class com.sap.engine.services.webservices.jaxrpc.wsdl2java.AbstractProtocol.

2. Update the Protocols.txt and lports_1.xml to add the protocol names and features.

3. Run the standalone proxy. It works.

I tried to implement and config the server side protocol in the same way, but failed.

Should I change which steps when implement and config the server side protocol?

I am amazing on how to implement and config a protocol on SAP netweaver?

I am really appreciate if you could give me some advise.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi daojun,

For server side, if you want to configure server side protocol, You need to implement as a service. Because of this it's bit complex to write.

Define a class which implements Protocol interface and override all the methods of protocol interfface. Once you have defined the class, register your class in protocol registry.

To test whether your protocol, define a webservice using net weaver studio, it creates a file named "ws-deployment-descriptor.xml" , write your protocol under global sections.

Hope this helps.