cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How many alert profiles needed?

Former Member
0 Kudos

I a user that uses two planning books, PB1 and PB2 with corresponding data views D1 and D2 respectively. I have alerts in both the books.

Now how many overall profiles do I need and how many individual alert profiles do I need?

I am thinking 1 over all profile and 2 alert profiles but the assignment in SDP94 per user seems to be unique. Is one alert profile and 1 overall profile enough?

Thanks.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I assume both planning books are assigned to the same planning area. The idea of having different planning books is when you have different users accessing data from the same planning area. If it is just one user, then it is recommended you maintain a single planning book for that user & define 2 data views within that planning book rather than have the user access data from 2 different planning books.

Assignment of SDP profile to planning book is unique. i.e You can assign only one planning book to a SDP profile. Also, you cannot maintain 2 entries for a given user/planning area while assigning alert profiles to user.

My suggestion is maintain a single planning book per user, create 2 data views, maintain a single alert SDP profile, assign the planning book & data views to it.

regards,

Srinidhi

srinivas_krishnamoorthy
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Two SDP alert profiles dedicated to each planning book would be required. Planners would need to interactively switch between the profiles to view the planning book specific alerts. If you are able to find a more efficient way of automatic switching, please let me know.