cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

adding a record to a relationship | MDM data manager

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi , Following is my situation ...

I have some material numbers in the product table in the material repository which are a part of a kit . Basically a kit is a comination of some material numbers put together . Now this kit is also in the same product table appearing as another material number . So as you can see , this is a parent-child relationship but within the same table (product table) .

Now I have defined the relationship table in the console and have also defined the type of relationship in the same . The product table is also involved with another table in a product level relationship . When i open the data manager and double click the relationship name under the record detail tab , i can see the pop-up window but it does not allow me to add any records to the relationship .

The guide tells me to use the "Relationship" menu option by selecting the number of records I want to add to a relationship and then use the relationship menu on the top of data manager , but when I tried to do that , the options are greyed out .

What do you guys think is the problem ??

Regards

Deepak Singh

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Deepak,

You should be all set with setting the table up in the Console. Once you add the Parent/Child relationship there it should be active in the Data Manager.

To add parts to the table in the Data Manger:

• Select a specific part (the parent part)

• Double click on the child field in the relationships table

• It should open the new dialog box and default to the child tab in it

• This dialog box will remain open and you can move around in the Data Manager without changing this selection

• Find the part(s) you want to add to the relationship as children

• Select them in the Records window and drag-and-drop them into the Relationship window that is open

• It should add them right in.

You should also be able to add them with the Import Manager

For Import Manger set up a file with:

Parent Child

Parent1 Child1

Parent1 Child2

Parent1 Child3

Parent2 Child4

Parent2 Child5

You should be able to map this to the Relationships table and import the relationships instead of manually mapping in the Data Manager.

Regards,

Tim

Former Member
0 Kudos

Excellent !!

Got it !

Regards

Deepak Singh

Answers (0)