cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

checking user permission doubt

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi everyone,

I have posted a question yesterday, but I have no right answer. I want to try again, please help me. It is urgent! I thank in advance.

I am developing a recursive tree in a Web Dynpro App. My tree has some nodes and sub nodes. Under the sub nodes I have documents. These documents are composed of header, footer, address, content and so on, which are loaded in runtime from Backend system. There is possible that thousand documents can be attached to a node. For accessing the documents we need to check the permission of the user. There are users who may read the whole content of a document. There are users who may only read parts of the document. For example, the information about salary of an employee shouldn't be read by every user. How can I check the user permission? Has someone any Suggestion?

Regards,

Hairong

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Hairong,

Do you have any ACL for backend documents?

Where do you willing do strore the user permision relationship?

Do you need to setup mapping between portal UME & backend UM?

Solve these problem first, then use portal UME API to apply the permision to a certain document.

Best Regards,

William

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi William,

thank you very much for your answer.

I haven't worked with ACL. With your answer, I hava read something about ACL. It is used for checking user permissions for accessing portal content.We have no portal now. Our application is standalone application. Do you know what is a connection between reqular UME permission and UME ACL permission?

By the way, we use UME to store our user profile. We have already tried to check user permission only for UME role of the user. We have also tried to follow the concept like the Web Dynpro tutorial RentCar APP with Actions and permissions. But all these can't resolve our problem really, because we can't create for every document a role or a permisson.

here, ich want also to thank Atul who had me an answer to my question.

Best regards,

Hairong

ThatSAPGuy
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hairong-

Glad your issue is solved. Can you please change the status of this to answered.

Cheers-

Atul

ThatSAPGuy
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hairong-

Get hold of the logged in user and use his role/group to ensure role based access to the tree.

// get the currently logged in user
IWDClientUser user = WDClientUser.getCurrentUser();
IUser iUser = user.getSAPUser();

The IUser interface provides API like getRoles(), checkPermission(), etc.

Cheers-

Atul