cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Tag Query History mode returning too many rows of data

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am running a Tag Query from HQ to a plant site and want to limit the amount of data that returns to the minimum required to display trends on a chart. The minimum required is subjective, but will be somewhere between 22 and 169 data points for a weeks data. Testing and viewing the result is needed to determine what is an acceptable minimum.

I build a Tag Query with a single tag and set it to History Mode. I set a seven day period going midnight to midnight. And I set the row count to 22. When I execute the query it returns 22 data points. But when I go to visualization, I get 565 datapoints. So obviously that is not what I want as I want a very slim dataset coming back from the IP21 server (to minimize the load on the pipe).

Any suggestions?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

sufw
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Michael,

it looks to me like you have enabled the "Use Screen Resolution" option in your display template or in the applet HTML. Setting this option makes the display template fetch as many rows as there are pixels in the chart area. Like setting a rowcount in the applet HTML as a param, this will override any rowcount limitations you have set at the Query Template level...

Hope this helps,

Sascha

agentry_src
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Sascha,

Worked like a charm. I knew there had to be a way of limiting the data set. I had tried everything that I could imagine related to the dataset. I just needed more imagination, I guess.

Thanks,

Mike

Answers (0)