Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

adapters -Qos

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi all,

please look at the following link .

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/ae/d03341771b4c0de10000000a1550b0/content.htm

this is my question,

the quality of service for FILE adapter type is given as BE,EO,EOIO . Is it possible to define the quality of service to BE in file system ? this confuses me alot.

similarly for JDBC adapter.(hope that only receiver JDBC adapter supports asynchronous communication)

Please clarify my doubt.

P.S : for all the experts , I have searched SDN to my knowledge and thats the reason behind posting this

cheers,

deepa

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI,

As per the help document File adapter and JDBC receiver are not supproted by Best effort quality service.

But if you wish to use the File adapter for BE, then sap have provieded the modules from XI 3.0 sp 19 onwards such as AF_Modules/RequestResponseBean or AF_Modules/ResponseOnewayBean etc. or you can use BPM to have Sync/Async bridge or acknowledgments

Refer below link -- These are used for JMS adapter but you can use it for other adapters also.

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04s/helpdata/en/45/20d1dec20a0732e10000000a155369/frameset.htm

Thus these adapters create the acknowledgment for the file adapter and trated as BE service.

SAP Network Blog: XI: Playing with the file adapter's acknowledgments

/people/michal.krawczyk2/blog/2006/06/22/xi-playing-with-the-file-adapters-acknowledgments

Thanks

Swarup

rodrigoalejandro_pertierr
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

deepa

You are Right, FILE adapter never could be synch,

but JBDC can for sender and receiver. i did some interface againt AS400 that PI send data (INSERT) and the SP send back a confirmation status. i did it by BPM

Rgds

VijayKonam
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Deepa,

File adapter and JDBC sender adapter do not support BE Qos. It might be the fact that SAP did not take care of hiding BE entry in Qos field.

VJ