cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Field length truncation ?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Guys,

I have the xml data coming from SAP and it has the accounting document no field with 12 char long, but when i send this information to a 3rd party system and in the reponse i have the accounting doc number just with 10 char long. The database schema on the 3rd party system is designed for just 10 char.

The requirement is need to send this accounting document number back to SAP with the same 12 char as it has supplied.

any help would be appreciated

Thanks,

srini

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

i think this can be handle in the 3rd party system

since you are sending the complete data through XI it is getting truncated while cpming to the 3rd party system so it can be handled in that system.

You have to increase the length of that field in the 3rd party system .

Thanks

Rinku

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI,

While sending the filed from SAP to Third party system you need to reduce the field length to 10.

So Source filed --> Substring (Starting index, length (10)) -

>Target field.

Here you could truncate the intial 2 chars or last 2 chars of the filed.

You could have one suggestion to split the field in two different fileds while sending to target field.

Similarly for Target field ---> Source field

You need add suffix or prefix of 2 Chars may be 00 or any special chars.

IF you are spliting the filed in two seperate fields on Third party side then in reverse direction for sending it to SAP you could concatenate these two fields.

Thanks

Swarup

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Swarup,

The last 2 digits are automatically truncated on the 3rd party syetm. we are trying to implement the same idea as you suggested ie looking for someother field that can accomodate this 12 char field and give it back in the reponse so that i can map to the proper field while sending back to SAP.

Thanks for the suggestions

Srini

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Srini,

for sure it has to be handled in the target system,if it cannot be changed in the target systems then need to have work around methods.

will you have these Account document number alot or just few like less than 20,then we might try using Fixvalues.

may be little laborious,but it would be good if it can be changed inthe target system itself.

..Sri

Former Member
0 Kudos

Save Our Environment. Save Yourself.

Hi Srinivas,

We are also facing a similar kind of problem. Can you please tell us if you have solved your problem in any way?

We have a BAPI which will be called by XI. In this though we have 12 characters, when XI sends data, last 2 digits are being truncated and even XI is getting the data in right shifted manner.

Can anybody help me out?

- I'm not an environmentalist. I'm an Earth warrior.

justin_santhanam
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Srini,

Just concat two zeros in front and send it to SAP.

"00"+"Response from thirdparty";

raj.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Raj,

If the accounting document number sent by SAP is 100090055523 then in the reponse from the 3rd party system i get only 1000900555 and the last 2 char are getting truncated.

I need to send back the complete 12 digit number which was initially supplied by SAP ie i need to send back 100090055523.

Do i need to perform any look ups ?

Thanks,

Srini