cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

JCO RFC provider service

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all:

When installing XI 3.0, I had some uqestions regarding the 4 JCO RFC destinations we need to create, eg, SAPSLDAPI, LCRSLDRFC. Please share your thoughts on the following doubts I have. Thanks.

1. To my understanding, we use JCO RFC provider(define in Java side) and RFC destination(in SM59) when we have request from ABAP to Java side. Then we use JCO destinations(define in Web Dynpro Content Admin) if we have request from Java to ABAP. Is this correct?

2. When creating the JCO RFC provider service, why we need to create those entries for repository for example, the server name, the user used to log into repository? What is the repository used for?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

In the J2EE Engine RFC functions are implemented by the JCO RFC provider service which is used for processing ABAP to Java requests. JCO RFC provider service is for receiving calls from SAP systems which can be done only by registering the j2ee engine as a RFC destination.

For reference please chek this sap help link:

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/6a/82343ecc7f892ee10000000a114084/content.htm

Hope it helps.

Regards,

Mona

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Better,

The repository is used for the information where you have created the RFC destination, the ABAP stack of which server.

For example if you want to point the local sld to a central sld then i need to point the SAPSLDAPI on the PI server to the sol manager server. In that case i create a JCO RFC on the VA of sol manager and there the repository detials will be of the PI server box as i have this RFC connection on the PI box but not on the solmanager.

I think basically the repository belongs to the server details of the ABAP stack which communicates with the java stack. They can be even on different servers as explained above

Thanks,

srini

Edited by: srinivas kapu on Feb 26, 2008 9:53 AM