cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Multilanguage?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi, how can do it my app in multilanguage?

I´m very confused...

Thanks,

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I do it more or less....

In my app, when start i select language fr and work, i go out with the optiong Log Off and i select other language and no work, but if i stop MI, star MI and select other language, work...

Why can´t select other language when MI is start?

Thanks,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

well, I think this is MI specific - and depends a little on your coding.....

BUT: why do you want to change the language at runtime? A user is a user and he preferes one language. And a device should not be shared between certain users - usually - so where is the issue here?

Regards,

Oliver

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes.... but, if the user execute MI, select language and after say... ohhh, i get wrong in my language, i log off and select my language... If happend this, the user can´t select other language, he has to stop Mi and start MI.

Thanks,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Oh, seen your coding - ok, the doInitialize is the issue - put it into the Event handler - this is called every time and then it should work!

Hope it works fine now!

Regards,

Oliver

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Work, thanks,;);)

Former Member
0 Kudos

My problem is in the device... I see bundler, and i want do it with this... But i don´t know.

Thanks,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Victor,

well, have a read here -

Link: [http://www.javaworld.com/jw-03-2000/jw-03-ssj-jsp.html]

hope that helps to answer your question. And if not - thanks to Julien - search Google with:

localization jsp

Hope that helps!

Regards,

Oliver

Edited by: Oliver Kaluscha on Feb 27, 2008 11:22 AM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Victor,

Multilanguage - depends on where you come frome. The easiest way to do on the device UI is to use STRUTS.

On the data form the backend: check the users logon language and use this in the GETLIST/GETDETAIl bapi wrappers and so return the result in the specific language!

Hope that helps.

Regards,

Oliver

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

If you are looking into a multi-language as MAM does it, then you need involvement of the backend and middleware.

First the backend needs to send you the different values for each language for a node. Example:

Main node

OrderId: 1 (BE Key)

short_text: English short text

ML node for main node

Orderid: 1 (BE Key)

SPRAS: EN

short_text: Englsih short text

Orderid: 1 (BE Key)

SPRAS: DE

short_text: Deutsh short text

The middleware will take care of replacing the main node short text with the appropriate language values found in the ML node.

The configuration differs in MI and DOE. For DOE (MI 7.1) you have to use extract rules and set the ML nodes as not downloadable and on 7.0 it is a feature by itself.

Thanks,

Julien.

@Oliver: The language of the client (not the actually data displayed fromt he backend) is called localization and not multi-language.