cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Connection from R/3 to XI

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello all,

I need to create an abap server proxy, normally I would use the transaction SPROXY in the R/3 system select my interface and create everything. Now there is no connection from my R/3 system to XI. I have read the following blog:

/people/vijaya.kumari2/blog/2006/01/26/how-do-you-activate-abap-proxies

an now I am stuck at the section: 3. Connection between Business System and System Landscape Directory

I do not know how to find the program ID specified in the RFC engine settings of the SAP J2EE Engine on the Integration Server host. (Point7 below):

Piece of the blog:

3. Connection between Business System and System Landscape Directory

1. Create RFC destination (TCP/IP) LCRSAPRFC and SAPSLDAPI for the SLD connection.

1.Execute transaction SM59 in the business system.

2.Choose Create.

3.Enter at least the following:

1.RFC Destination: LCRSAPRFC

2.Connection Type: T

3.Description: <your description>

4.Choose ENTER.

5.Choose the Technical settings tab page and do the following:

6.In the Program ID field under Registered Server Program, enter LCRSAPRFC

7.This program ID must correspond to a program ID specified in the RFC engine settings of the SAP J2EE Engine on the Integration Server host.

Hope someone can help me out with this!

Best regards,

Guido

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

nisarkhan_n
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

For connecting the R/3 to XI do the following...

1. Establish the connection between the SLD and the ABAP Stack

USE TCode SLDAPICUST and maintain the necessary information like Host, Port.

for RFC LCRSAPRFC and SAPSLDAPI...you hve to create this as TCPIP with PID...to find the appropriate PID for these...try to find out from the basis what they have maintained in the visual admin

login to Visual admin...click on servers....JCO connections there what is the name of the LCRSAPRFC and SAPSLDAPI use the same name...if you are not sure of this ask the basis to give exact name

once you do this run the TCODE SLDCHECK it shouls login to SLD...check SPROXY then

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Guys, you really helped my out! The connection is working right now. Many thanks!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Koopmann,

1. connection from R/3 to XI

create the RFC connections LCRSAPRFC and SAPSLDAPI on R/3 system and regarding the program ids you can follow the naming convention LCRSAPRFC_<SID>, SAPSLDAPI_<SID>.

Note: make sure you give the gateway host and gateway service of the XI sytem but not the R/3 sytem. The details you can find with TX-SMGW on the xi system.

Before testing these connections login to the VA tool on the XI system and create these destination under JCO RFC Provider and under repository make sure that you give the host name of the R/3 system as you have created the RFC connection on the R/3 server.

once these connections are successful, go with the TX-SLDAPICUST on the R/3 system and there the R/3 system should point to the XI SLD.

Go to RZ70 and run the data suppliers and register the R/3 system in the SLD

Thanks,

Srini

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You have to two create RFC destination (TCP/IP) LCRSAPRFC and SAPSLDAPI for the SLD connection.

Program ID will be

LCRSAPRFC_<PID>or<XID> depends on your XI Box for RFC destination LCRSAPRFC

and same for the next connection (SAPSLDAPI_<PID> or <XID>

cheers

Sunil