cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Inspection scope in MIC

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi there ,

I don't have good understanding on the Inspection scope viz. Scope not fixed , Fixed Scope , Smaller scope , Larger scope etc .......in the MIC

Please help me to understand the same

Regards

Kaushik

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member42744
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

For the characteristic it determines how many results can be recorded in conjuntion with the sampling procedure.

Smaller scope: You can record less then the number of samples calculated, but not more.

Larger scope: You can record as many results as you want but you must record at least the minimum calculated.

No scope: You can record whatever number of results you want.

Fixed Scope: You must record exactly the number of results calculated.

Note: To use automatic UD, all characteristics in the inspection lot, must be of fixed scope.

I believe this is all available in the help info for each of the fields.

Craig

kaushik_choudhury2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Craig,

I am sorry but I am still not sure ........

suppose that the lot size is 20 EA & the physical sample qty is 5 EA .....now can you please explain me the scope from this perspective ...........

Thanks & Regards

Kaushik

former_member42744
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Your sample size is requiring 5 SAMPLES to be recorded. I am assuming each sample has one result, (sampling procedue FIX=1). Scope only affects results, not samples. The sampling procedure has no impact on the number of physical samples, only the size. The sampling procedure only affects the number of results that should be recorded for a given characteristic.

If a characteristic is set with:

Fixed scope: 5 samples and only 1 result per characteristic must be recorded. Any less and you must force close the characteristic. Any less and the UD will also issue warnings when being made and no automatic UD can be used. If you record 1 result for each of the 5 physical samples, the characteristics can be auto valuated and closed, and auto UD's can be done.

Larger scope: You can record 5 physical samples each with at least 1 result. You can record more. But you must record at least 1. Once 1 result is recorded (for each sample) the system can auto valuate and close. No auto UD available.

Smaller scope: You can record 1 results but no more. This only because you can't record less the 1 result! If your sampling proceduree was FIX=2 it would allow 1-2 results for the characteristic. No auto UD is allowed. I beleive it will auto valuate and close when 1 is recorded, i'm not sure on that as I have never used it in a live system.

No Scope: System basically doesn't care how many results you record. Will show that you should record 1 for each sample, but you can record 1 - 999999 if you want. No auto UD allowed. Again, I have never used this in production system.

I hope this helps.

Craig

Edited by: Craig Snyder on Feb 28, 2008 7:09 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

For your case of sample qty 5 & suppose if you record results only for 4 qty , following is the scenario based on your scope.

Smaller scope: Accepted

Larger scope : Not accepted

Fixed scope : Not accepted

No scope : Accepted

Craig has explained well in detail , please refer the same.

Thanks Craig.

Regards

K.M.Arun

Edited by: ARUN KM on Feb 28, 2008 6:19 PM

Answers (0)