cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Moving e-filing/Business Connetor

0 Kudos

Hello experts - a little help please: -

We're planning on moving our e-filing/business connector machine to a different LAN. Its easy enough to change the IP on the server, but can anybody point out if there are changes within the application and also on the R3 system than need to change??? (I can see the BUSCON entry in sm59 but can't see where to change the IP address of the server)

Thanks

Ian

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I think if the host name retains same, it should not be any problem. But please make sure if you have not used the ip address anywhere in the server by giving search.

Also check the configuration in SM59 for RFC>Systeminformation>Target server details. If it is a IP address then change accordingly also.

Also, there is a possiblity that you may be using it in database connectivity if you define internal database and also if there is any external call application pointing to business connector, which needs to changed if ip is used.

0 Kudos

Thanks for the reply. All the external traffic is managed by the firewall, so thats not an issue.

I think its only the IP change on the server and the listner the business connector uses will still talk to the r3 system so there may be no problems. Will find out next week though.

Ian

Answers (0)