Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How can we configure single sign-on for SAP GUI using windows

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi, All

We are user sap ecc6 with os400 and db2, we want to implement single sign-up using windows ads (Active Directory Server) it's possible. <removed_by_moderator>

Regards

venkat

Edited by: Julius Bussche on Feb 26, 2008 1:46 PM

5 REPLIES 5

Former Member
0 Kudos

tim_alsop
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

The link provided by Mona is only relavent if SAP server is on Windows. If your SAP server is on any other platform (e.g. os/400) then you need a partner product instead, as SAP only provide a solution for SAP GUI / AD SSO when SAP is on Windows Server platform. My company has a Kerberos SNC-based product which is available for i5/OS, so this might be of interest. If you would like to evaluate it please contact me offline using my email address found in SDN business card.

If I have missunderstood and you are actually using SAP on Windows Servers then I appologise, and you will need to check the link kindly provided by Mona.

Thanks,

Tim

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

SNC/Kerberos is only one of multiple options to implement single sign-on for SAP GUI using an existing Active Directory infrastructure.

I suggest you look at the SAP Software Solution Partner Catalog at [http://sspcatalog.sap.com/catalog] and search for SSO solutions.

Peter

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

check this link:

http://www-03.ibm.com/support/techdocs/atsmastr.nsf/WebIndex/WP101228

This newly published document provides a step by step documentation for implemting SSO in a Windows enivronment and running SAP on iSeries...

Christian

0 Kudos

The solution described in this IBM doc is not SAP certified or supported by SAP, so customers implementing it need to consider this.

Thanks,

Tim