cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sales invoice posting on an expence account (purchase account)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

I have to set up the account determination for a sales invoice that have to post on a purchase expence accounts intead of a sales revenue account. This is because with this document type we have to re-sell scraps to our vendors, so this document have to reduce puchase costs intead of increase sales revenue.

How can I set up the accounts determination in T. VKOA? For example: should I use an account key different from ERL? Hould I "play" with Customer Acc. Goup?

Obviously I cannot change Material Accounting Group.

Thanks in advance,

Flavio

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

hello, friend.

your approach seems perfectly logical. you could assign an account assignment group, say, '01' for regular customers and '02' for vendors buying scrap. we have done something similar with our clients but, yes, you need to test it with your FI just to be sure.

you can do a similar alternative, which we also tried. instead of the account group, which is simpler, you can assign a pricing procedure to your special sales document type. your pricing condition type can be copied from PR00, for example ZR00. you can define and assign an account key ZRL for ZR00 in the pricing procedure. in VKOA, you can assign this key to your purchase account.

regards.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi

ask the FI consultant what is the expense account exist in ur company code and assign different account key ex:ERS and assign that GL account in VKOA

regards

srinivas