cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to block or throw credit limit message while posting Sales Order.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear All,

I hv created new customer and extended credit limit through FD32, assigned Risk Categeory and set the limit to 10,000/-.

When i am posting Sale Order with 15,000 or more value, i am not getting any warning or error message while saving Sale Invoice. No block was set against delivery or billing in Sale Order.

Kindly guide me, which step i am missing. FYI, customer dont hv any open item or credit exposure as of now becoz he was new customer.

Regards,

Venkat

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Reddy,

I got your problem. Just go to OVA8 t.code and select your Credit control area + Risk Category + Crgroup then go to checks tabage is there. You can see dynamic check field and reaction field. Just put B in tht reaction field for dynamic and activate the status block field just next to it then u can block sales order.

Please reward me if it useful to you.

Regards

Sankar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Sankar,

Thanks for your info.

I tried Changed Reaction to B and selecting Block check box: I didnt get any warnging message and order got saved without any errors.

Regards,

Venkat

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Venkat Reddy,

The main Prerequisite in Credit Managent..

1.Maintain the Risk category For the Customer in FD32

2.Maintain Credit Group and Check credit Limit for the corresponding sale document Type in VOV8 ex for Order OR

3. Check Credit Active for the Item Category ( TAN ) VOV7

4. Maintain Subtotal A (KOMP-CMPRE ) for net value in Pricing Procedue..

5. And Check whether it is Statick are dynamic..if the credit limit is available or not and check credit master F.35 for open item..

I hope this will help you Very Much..

Rewards, if it is useful...

Regards

Durga Prasad

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Durga,

Thanks for your Valuation Info:

I have verified from point 01 to 04-- all are matching withyou inputs.

Reg. 05- Where i hv to check whether it is doing static or Dynamic check. In document type, i have assigned D-- i.e Dynamic auto credit check.

Pls let you guide us to verify anything more.

Regards,

Venkat

Former Member
0 Kudos

hello, friend.

do the following:

1. check your sales document type via VOV8, and see if there is an entry '01' in the field for credit group (for sales doc types) and an entry for simple (i think 'A') or automatic credit control 'D'

2. activate credit check for item category

3. check OVA8 again and tick the boxes for dynamic (if automatic controls) and the other controls. make sure that the system action selected should be either 'C' or 'D' for error message and credit block.

post again if you need more help.

regards.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Venkat,

Go to VOV8 and for your document type, make set field "CHECK CREDIT LIMIT = B".

In this case you will get an error if the credit limit is Violated, if you want the user to save inspite of exceeding credit limit , you can set "CHECK CREDIT LIMIT = A". (Only warning will be displayed).

Make sure you have maintained credit limit value in FD32.

Reward if helpful.

Regards

Ravi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Ravi,

Thanks for your valuable information.

When i hv changed credit Check limit From "D" to "B", now i am getting Information and error message while saving Sale Order.

Now my question, Why same thing is not happening in "D" Dynamic credit Check.

If you any info, kindly guide me. Once against thanks.

Regards,

Venkat

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear venkat,

Nice to know i could contribute to solve your query.

If you were satisfied you can reward points for contribution.

In case of "D" - Automatic Credit Control, i am not sure to be honest.

I have always advised on using "A" or "B" because of the immediate prompts that the system gives on encountering any violations.

Hope you are satisfied.

Have a great day.

Regards

Ravi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Ravi,

I am very much happy with your valuable information. I will definetly rewards points.

In my case its not giving warning or info message when i am put D....

As per Mr. Durga, i verified all step except 05.

Thanks once again.

Regards,

Venkat

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear venkat,

Thankyou for your comments.

Regards

Ravi

I have found some solution, i think

Try going to OVA8 for both static and dynamic make option D and tick status/block to restrict creating order document.

Try if it works

Edited by: Ravi D Mansharamani on Feb 26, 2008 7:58 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Ravi,

Thanks for your valuable efforts.

System not allowing to select both i.e static and dynamic. We hv to select Static or dynamic.

I hv tried selecting Static and open order and Open deliveries in OVA8. But I am unable to get warning or error message for credit limit check.

Regards,

Venkat

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Venkat,

If you are assigned every thing is correct that means In OVA8

u r selected Dynamic activated and reaction is B and check the block status and maintain horizon period 1 month or days or weeks depends upon u r requiment that date type u can change by using t.Code OMO1 there select SO66 for credit management double click on this and maintain there how u want to updated the values..

if every thing is correct what i said above then plz maintain Statastical group fir the customer in customer master adta XD02> Sales area Data> Sales ---> *Statastical Group * maintain 1 in that field and save it.

Now create sales order, i hope this will help you and also the same time check in MM02 in Sales org 2 or Sales general Plant view ther alos u need to maintain Material Statastical group 1 and save.

Now try it once again..

Rewards, if it is Useful..

Regards

Durga Prasad

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

In OVA8 did you maintain B or D in the reaction field?

Regards

Ravi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Ravi,

In OVA8, in reaction filed i tried with B & D.......but it doent worked out.

Regards,

Venkat

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Venkat,

If your query is solved by my earlier answer, where in VOV8 for your document type you had to maintain B against credit limit check, then why would you want to go in for automatic credit control - D?

With maintaining entry as "B" you are getting the error message for exceeding credit limit

If your query has been answered you can suitably reward points and close the thread.

Kind Regards

Ravi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Durga,

Thanks for your valuable time.

IN OM01S066Selected day, updated options.

XD02--In customer master Statiscal Group 01 already maintained.

MM02--For that material in sal. Org2, Statistical group 01 was already maintained.

Any other info.

Regards,

Venkat

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Ravi,

Thanks for your inputs,

Actually i am doing testing. So i need to give explanation y its not working D...and Y its working B in document type.

Still I am unable to understand the logic beyond this, y its not workng ofr Dynamic check.

Regards,

Venkat

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Ravi,

Sorry to distrub again.

As per our counter-part, When we are creating Sale Order, System thrown Warning message and Block the order for Delivry.

Now, when i shift the Credit Check in Document Type to B, Its giving error message and not allowing to save.

Regards,

Venkat

Former Member
0 Kudos

Option 1

If your requirement is to go ahead with warning message and allow saving the sales document, maintain A in VOV8 for credit limit check.

If you want to restrict creating sales order when credit limit exceeded maintain B in VOV8 for credit limit check.

Option 2

Now in OVA8 if you click on dynamic option. Make sure you satisfy these requirements

The customer's credit exposure is split into a static part - open items, open billing, and delivery values - and a dynamic part, the open order value. The open order value includes all not yet or only partially delivered orders. The value is calculated based on the shipping date and the credit horizon you specify in the adjacent field. For the purposes of evaluating credit, you want the system to ignore all open orders that are due for delivery after the horizon date. The sum of the static and dynamic parts of the check may not exceed the credit limit.

I would recommend with option 1, still if you want to go for option 2

Then click on Static and make sure you also select open orders and open deliveries.

This will happen if you select static

The customer's credit exposure may not exceed the established credit limit. The credit exposure is the total combined value of the following:

Open sales documents

Open delivery documents

Open billing documents

Open items (accounts receivable)

You can specify in the adjacent fields whether the system takes into account all open orders and all open deliveries.

Regards

Ravi.

I am sorry i wont be able to add further input than this.

Dont forget to reward points if you think it was successful

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Ravi,

Thanks you very much valuable time and info.

I will work on this and let you know status by EOD.

Regards,

Venkat