cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Validation issue in Qualifier Table

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Gurus,

I got an issue in validations for the qualifier table data..

My scenario is,

In material master repository i have location data (Plant data) as my qualifier table...Here Plant field is my non-qualifier..i have made two qualifier fields as mandatory(when the user is extending a material to a plant, they should maintain these two qualifier fields)...

Those two manadatory qualifier fields are, one of them is a flat look-up and the other mandatory field is a text...

When a create a new material and extend it to a plant without maintaining those two mandatory qualifier fields, the system throws error to maintain these two fields..the validation is working fine till this point..k...i maintained these fields and saved the records..

Next step, i m extending the same material to another plant and trying to save the record without maintaining these mandatory fields. The system is throwing error to maintain only one field (the qualifer field which is of text type)...the error is not occuring for the Look-up qualifier field..

I m giving the validation code for reference:

Valid 1: IF(IS_NOT_NULL(Location Data.Plant.Code),IS_NOT_NULL(Location Data.MRP Type.Code))

Valid 2: IF(IS_NOT_NULL(Location Data.Plant.Code),IS_NOT_NULL(Location Data.Fixed Lot Size))

I dont know where the mistake is...Pls help to fix this issue...

Thanks

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Deepak,

I think there should not be any problem when you only extend the plant to other plant.

One question, the validation you have written is for Plant, MRP type, Lot size but there is no text field here.

Pl clarify.

Regards,

Pramod

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Deepak,

I have worked on the similar lines using Mandatory Validations for Qualifier fields.But my Validations worked fine even for the look ups without any problem.

Probably while extending to a different plant the lookup table is some how getting prepopulated and so its not showing you a Validation failure.

Check for this lookup field Value while extending the plant for a material.

Thanks & Regards

Simona

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for the replies.

The lookup field value is not prepopulating. The field is remaining blank..But still validation for this field is not firing.

If i proceed furthur, extending another plant (No.3) to the same material, the validations are firing for both the fields. Then for No.4th plant it is not firing for the lookup field..thats how it is proceeding...I m wondering how my system could behave like this....

Here MRP type is the lookup field and fixed lot size is the text field....I m using SP05 client..

I have tried one more thing..In SP06 version client, the validations i m using

IS_NOT_NULL(Location Data.MRP Type.Code)

(ii) IS_NOT_NULL(Location Data.Fixed Lot Size)

These validations gives me the same result as those of validations which i have mentioned previously for the SP05 client...

awaiting for responses..