cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Original Batch managemnet

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Friends,

What is original Batch management and how do we use this functionality in SAP.

Please advise.

Regards,

Harsh

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Harsha,

The Orginal Batch Management is happening in 4 level

Sales & distribution, Warehouse Management, Inventory management , Quality Management and Production Plannning.

For SD

IMG ---> Logistic General ---> Batch Management > Batch Determination and Batch check->

We need to define the condition table by using the field Sales Document Type, if u want to determine batch in sales order level if u want to determine in deliver level use delivery nUmber Field in the condition Table..

Create Access sequence by using this Condition Table..

Create Condition Type

Maintain Sales and Distribution Search Procedure...

After defining this u need to allocate and activate Search Procedure in the combination of

Sales area + Sales document type + Search procedure.. and activate check. .

Activate Automatice Search procedure in Sales Order Item Category ( TAN ) and Delivery item Category.( TAN )..

After That Create Batch For the material by using the T.Code MSC1N

We need to create the Search Procedue by using tcode VCH1

in this u need to define for which document u need to detemine the batch automaticall that record u need to maintain in this step..

For Ex: U r havining 2 batches A is 25 qty, B is 25 qty.

Customer is placing Order for 40 qty, then when u r creating order system will pickup only one batch that u can able to see in item level Sale A tab, ther u need to remove the determined batch and go to delivery automatically ther u can fined batch split + press this button there u can odserve 2 batches will appear A is 25qty and B is 15 qty..

I hope this will help you..

Rewards, if it is useful..

Regards

Durga Prasad

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Thxs for ur reply, but I am looking for the understanding on the Concept in SAP for original batch managemnet in production.

The explanation given by you takes me towards Batch Determination in Sales, but that's not what I want.

Waiting for more replies.

Regards,

Harsh

Answers (0)