Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SSO with LDAP different user

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

we have to implement SSO for R/3 and EP system through LDP Active Directory.

Some one have any documentation about this question?

We have different users between these systems so we want to know how to manage the LDAP active directory, what we have to add? how we can configure? etc etc....

Many thanks / gruss und danke.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

tim_alsop
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

This message was moderated.

5 REPLIES 5

tim_alsop
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

This message was moderated.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ok thank you,

now I start to perform SSO for R/3 system.

I install SAPSSO.msi in the server.

I copy the gx64krb5.dll in C:\WINDOWS\system32\ and I have put in RZ10 this parameters:

snc/permit_insecure_comm 1

snc/permit_insecure_start 1

snc/accept_insecure_rfc 1

snc/accept_insecure_gui 1

snc/accept_insecure_cpic 1

snc/enable 1

snc/gssapi_lib C:\WINDOWS\system32\gx64krb5.dll

snc/identity/as p:SAPServiceSVI@xxxxx

I do stop and strat but when I run SU01 transaction I don't find the SNC tab, can someone help me?

Thanks

tim_alsop
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

This does not relate to the original question you opened the thread for, so you should have opened a new thread to ask new question.

However, I will help you - you need to check dev_w0 trace file for any SNC errors shown when you start SAP system. Maybe you should check this and if you cannot fix it when you see the message, you can open a new thread in SDN, and close this thread.

Thanks,

Tim

Former Member
0 Kudos

The solution is to use SNC library for SAP GUI logon to R/3 and SPNEGO for Web access to EP. The AD account name and the SAP user name can be different in both cases, and you can use mapping to map the external (e.g. AD) authenticated user id onto a SAP user id.

We are using SNC library for SAP GUI logon to R/3 and SPNEGO for Web access to EP. What works for us currently is:

SSO from Windows logon to Portal using SPNego (LDAP as our datasource with AD)

However once we are inside the portal, the SSO to R/3 using SNC is not working. I have my Portal user mapped to my R/3 user as they are different usernames.

But, if i launch SAP GUI on its own i can SSO into R/3 no problem.

So, i have 3 queries here!

1) Why am i not able to SSO into R/3 once i have SSO into Portal?

2) Is there any way around the high maintenance of the user mapping?

3) I have read on SAP Help about "Using an LDAP Directory Attribute as the ABAP User ID" but this will still require user / administrator to maintain the R/3 password.

Is it possible to disable the R/3 password and thus have no maintenance as the R/3 (ABAP) User ID will be stored in LDAP attribute?

Hoping you can help...

tim_alsop
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

John,

Your post was made at the end of somebody elses thread, which has already been marked as 'answered'. I suggest you open a new thread if you want somebody to help you.

Thanks,

Tim