Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Stock in the network to be considered by CTM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Friends,

I have below scenario -

There is one DC - DC1 and three mfg plants PL1, PL2 and PL3. The trans. lane between DC1 to PL1 has priority 1 where as Trans. lane between DC1 to PL2 has priority 2 and Trans lane between DC1 and PL3 has priority 3.

Now there is demand at DC1 of 100.

Stock as PL1 - 10, PL2 - 20 and PL3 - 30.

My requirement is that the system should first consume all the stock lying at PL1, PL2 and PL3 and for the remaining Qty(40) it should create receipt element at PL1 as it has got the priority 1.

Please let me know, how to build the above scenario using CTM.

Shivanand

Edited by: Shivanand Gangamwar on Feb 26, 2008 12:03 PM

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

kenneth_snyder
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

As I mentioned before, supply categorization will not solve multiple site utilization of stock... It is only for determining when to produce at a single location.

To solve your problem, you will have to have 2 ctm runs.

The first run will peg existing supply to demand (and you can deactivate procurement in the ctm profile).

The second run will NOT delete any orders and will create supply for unpegged demand.

Ken Snyder

Former Member
0 Kudos

How is the procurement de-activated?

Appreciate your help!

Varun

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kenneth,

I also thought the same. But few of the doubts are -

1. How to deactivate procurement in CTM profile?

2. And how to take care of stock of components, in the same fashion?

Here, we can have first run of CTM with stock only where in the PPM of the header material should only get exploded and dependant demand should get passed while not creating the receipt element for the header material.

And the second run of CTM be normal where CTM can create the receipt element for the unpegged demand from first run.

But the problem is how to do this? Can we have CTM run such that it can only explode the PPM and do not create the receipt element?

Thx and Rgds

Shivanand

srinivas_krishnamoorthy
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

CTM does consider procurement priority while proposing transportation receipts. however since you want to consume existing stock in the source locations in your network, you would need to configure supply categorization functionality. Configure SUpply categories and then the search strategy for the same. Let us know if this works for you.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Srinivas,

I dont think it will work as search strategy work only for one location and does not work across the organisation. SO with the example, it will first goto PL1 and then will apply search strategy at that location. If the stock is available at that location, it will consume that stock otherwise it will try to create the receipt element at that location instead of checking the stock at other location. Now after doing this, if system can not create the receipt element at PL1 then only it will goto PL2.

Anyway, thanks for your reply.