cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Saprfc - Php 5.3 - Ecc 6

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all

Can anyone pls tell me the version of saprfc to be installed for php version 5.3 in order to work with Sap Ecc 6.0.

Thanks in advance

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Nigel_James
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Welcome to the forums and to SDN Philippe.

Seeing that 5.3 has not been released I suspect you are going to have to build it for yourself from source.

Are you running on windows or linux?

My tip would be to grab the source and follow the instructions on the sourceforge website.

HTH,

Nigel

(btw if you are a hot C coder and want fame you could rewrite the RFC to update it to the new [RFC spec|https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/sdn/weblogs?blog=/pub/wlg/6571] [original link is broken] [original link is broken] [original link is broken];.)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Nigel,

Thank for your fast answer.

We are currently working with SAPRFC 1.4.1, PHP 5.1.1, SAP R/3 46C and using saprfc with windows.

As we are close to migrate to ECC 6.0, I would be sure that SAP continues to suggest the use of SAPRFC (version ?) for communications with ECC 6.0.

I was in fact looking for a kind of Products compatibility matrix

Regards

Philippe

Nigel_James
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Well the problem is that unfortunately despite being the language that powers the web, SAP doesn't support PHP very well. It is a problem that I work behind the sceens to try to address and as you are moving to ECC6 if you are calling RFC's with deep structures then the SAPRFC won't work at all because it doesn't work with the new NW RFC SDK.

Oh that a C guru would pick this problem up and write a new RFC driver. Oh that SAP would hire one or Zend or iBuildings or another company that feels strongly about enterprise php.

Oh that I was a C guru and had oooodles of time available.

I digress....

There is no PAM for the SAPRFC because it is an open source solution.

Sorry ... that's all there is to it.

You may get the current version running with the new set up but beware of the new NW REFSDK issues.

Feel free to write a blog to describe how useful you find having PHP as an interface to SAP. The more voices the better.

regards,

Nigel

Answers (0)