Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Block sensitive tables with SE16

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Guys,

I encounter a question recently regarding authorization of SE16 . Could someone kindly help me regarding blocking certain sensitive tables when using SE16. Perhaps provide a link or something.

Its just blocking , say a group of users with a role that has SE16 , accessing certain sensitive tables.

Any guide or advise is very much appreciated .

Thanks guys.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

jurjen_heeck
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

My first guess is a forum search on S_TABU_DIS.

5 REPLIES 5

jurjen_heeck
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

My first guess is a forum search on S_TABU_DIS.

0 Kudos

Hi Jurg

Thanks for the tip.

I scan through some of the forum , and manage to find something like this:

"You can check table TDDAT to find the authorization groups related to the Z-tables. Note that if a table is not maintained here it is automatically assigned group &NC&.

if you want to allow a user access to only some Z-tables then the procedure would be -

1. create a new auth group for S_TABU_DIS via SE54.

2. modify table TDDAT to associate the required Z-tables to the Z-auth group.

3. create a new role with SE16 and the object S_TABU_DIS and only add the new Z-auth group in field DICBERCLS.

4. assign the role to the concerned user. "

But what about , say i found auth group , example "SS" , which by default belongs to a table A & B , and a whole lot of other tables. Table A which I allow users to view , but table B I don't. What is the usual practise to separate for this scenario. I was thinking of changing auth group for B , to example ZZ , so that the users are

not authorize to view them. But does this have any impact on anywhere else?

Any help or tips will be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

0 Kudos

Have you considered not to issue SE16 but to create one or more custom parameter transactions for SE16 with the proper table selected and no selection screen?

See SAPhelp: http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw2004s/helpdata/EN/43/2c43b427bf601fe10000000a422035/frameset.htm

0 Kudos

Hi Jurjen

Thanks for the tip. I'll take a look through it , if anyone has any more suggestions , I would appreciate it too. Thanks guys

0 Kudos

There is a similar - may be of interest to you -post thats is running parallel to yours- the post is titeld -Table Access / protection.

The driving force behind that post is to close out the EWA

Thanks