cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

COST

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi ppl..

since i m not aware of costing.can u ppl tell about costing done in ps. I want the complete informaton.

regards,

shylini

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello ,

Please, do not send the answers to the questions by e-mail.

The solution you are offering might also be interesting for other users of the community. Sending the answer per email deprive others of also learning the relevant information.

Please refer to the Rules of Engement.

Thank you in advance for your cooperation and understanding.

Best regards,

Martina Modolell

SAP Community Network

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

There are basically four types by which you can do Cost planning in PS and can be done periodwise and/or Cost element wise:

1. Structural Planning - This is very broad and very initial form of cost planning done on a project when you do not have too many details.

2. Detailed planning - Firstly, you need to maintain config settings to carry out the detailed planning. This planning is done at a cost element level.

3. Unit Costing - This and the next type of planning are done in PS when you have master data available with details on prices. You need to enter the quantity and based on the prices available in the master data, the costing is performed.

4. Easy Cost Planning - To make it easy to understand, i would put this type of planning as working with unit costing in the back end, with a screen available to make the data entry easy.

All the above type of planning are WBS based.

In addition to above we can perform another type of costing in presence of networks. It is called Network Costing. Again, we need to have master data available in the system to carry out this type of planning.

Hope the above provides you a basic view which you can exploit further.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Shylini,

First please know that costing in PS is a very huge topic. I will now give the basics. Sned me you mail id, I will send some docs for you to go through.

Costing is done through two ways: Hierarchical planning and Detailed/network planning.

Hierarchical planning: This planning is also called as rough cut planning where planning is done at WBS level only thru CJ40.

Detailed planning: Here costing is done at activity level thru all the four activities. Various configuration needs to be done for the same for which I will send some config docs.

regards

Pratap.V

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi Pratap,

thankz for the basic information.my email-id shylini.p@gmail.com

regards,

shylini