cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Archiving Error files

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I am getting .dat file with some data and we can convert this file into xml using FCC and after this one custom module will process the payload. For generating xml structure i used "keyfieds" in the FCC

Some of the input files will have message like "ERROR" in any of the lines and it will be in the separate line. I dont want to process this file, it should be archived using module.

According to the FCC message "ERROR" will not come in any of the xml structure so using module we cant determine whether file is correct or not.

Without changing FCC is it possible to get "ERROR" message in the XML structure or is there any other way to archive this type of files through module.

Suggest some good solutions.

Regards

Babu

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

aashish_sinha
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Babu,

I guess , you need to write a shell script which will search the pattern in Input file and then it will return the value. using this shell script, you can use it to Run Operating System command Before processing. This will help you to acheive your requirement.

Regards

Aashish Sinha

PS : reward points if helpful

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Probably you could set the Alert notifcation for ERROR of FCC conversion in communication channel.

That would be the better option.

Here thw file is processed with file adapter so it will be archived also.

Thanks

Swarup

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Swarup,

As i mentioned according to my FCC "ERROR" message will not come into input payload so it will get processed as correct file through module.

I need to check whether file is having "ERROR" message or not, then only i need to process.

So is there any way to check file having "ERROR" message through module without considering output of FCC, as i know module get processed after FCC.

Is there any other solution to handle this situation.

Regards

Babu

Former Member
0 Kudos

I don't think you could do this kind of scenario with File server or FTP.

Because there is no provision to add such kind of query for Fiel adapter as we do in JDBC adapter.

Either you have to take the whole file in Xi and then you could varify it withe help of BPM or may be have to go for Java Mapping for such complex requirment. Upto certain extent you could manage it with UDFs also.

But the bottom line will be you need to take the Message with payload

Thanks

Swarup