cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

overhead key

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello all PS guru

Can any one explain how overhead key is used in overheadcosting which is assigned to project profile.Actually when i m going to assign overhead key in overhead rates of costing sheet i m not getting the field overhead key to assign.The overhead key field is not displayed in costing sheet.

so how to assign

Is any dependency have to create

THANKS AND REGARDS

SHASHANK

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

By using Overhead key, you can create multiple overhead percentages in costing sheet for the same fiscal year.

For example, if your project profile has costing sheet bcxxx, it can have multiple OH keys for fiscal year 2008- Normal with rate as 9% and Low with rate as 5%. You can use different keys to load different projects with the same costing sheet in the same fiscal year.

Overhead keys are define in separate t code in customzing under Controlling> Product cost controlling>Product cost planning> Product cost by period> Overhead

Once you define keys there, you can maintain rates for them in costing sheet maintenance.

Hope the above helps.

Sourabh

Former Member
0 Kudos

But when i m going to maintain overhead key in costing sheet ,i do not find field overhead key in costing sheet under overhead rates

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

You have to maintain OH key in a separate transaction as i have described in my previous post here. After you maintain OH keys there, you can find them in costing sheet and you can use them in costing sheet maintenance.

Sourabh

Answers (0)