cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

why it is not editable in the integration builder

Former Member
0 Kudos

We have two PI system set up recently. We did the same steps as far as we know to configure the PI systems. One difference though: PID steps were performed manually and PIQ steps were performed using PI template.

Anyway, when we use transaction code SXMB_IFR to start the integration builder and double click on one of the message mapping screen, it is editable for PID while "Edit" is grayed out (disabled) for PIQ.

I have a file with the two screenshots but do not know how to attach it here.

Anyone has any idea as to why it is not editable for PIQ? Thanks

Jane

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Firstly,

It is best practise to edit on DEV and then transport those changes to QA.

If you really want to change it on QA, select the software component version in the IB and select "Objects are Modifiable"

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yaghya:

Thank you very much for your reply. Where exactly to find the software component? Do you have an email? I can send you the screenshot and you may tell me where exactly I should select.

Jane

Please read the Forum's Rules of Engagement,

i.e.,

[/thread/117188 [original link is broken];

and refrain from using email correspondence as the main objective of the Forums is to share knowledge.

SDN PI/XI Forum Moderator

justin_santhanam
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Jane,

In your IR left frame Double Click on Software component. In the right frame bottom you can see Object Attributes . Just check if Objects are Original Objects & Objects are Modifiable is checked. If it's not checked then u can't edit.

It's not advisable to edit objects in QA. I gave the above info just for ur information!

raj.

nisarkhan_n
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dnt chanhge the QA objects direclty it might leads to the version conflict while transporting......make sure each SWC attributes are set to

objects are modifiable and Original

when you double click on the SWCV name you will get the details at the bottom of it.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

As per the security reason in your QA system (PIQ) you won't be able to edit any thing in IR except the Integration Directory. Only you can Develop/Change the things in DEV system and then Export it from DEV & then Import it into PIQ.

Regards,

Sarvesh